Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 03-26-2006, 07:33 AM   #181
fsandys
Regular User

Well, that was fun, but yes, back to the wonderful 599 .... I want one!
Old 03-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #182
tom333
Regular User

Anyone have a pic of a manual trans 599?
tom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #183
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by tom333
I don't think we'll see one until a private car shows up. Its highly unlikely they'll have a gated 6-speed as a press car. I also think that the gated shifter will be elevated from the central collum, a la 612 or F430. A bad thing, IMO.

BTW, does anyone know when the first reviews are gonna take place????? I'm dying to read/watch (and HEAR ) some reviews!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #184
tom333
Regular User

"I also think that the gated shifter will be elevated from the central collum, a la 612 or F430. A bad thing, IMO."

A bad thing? Like the design was neglected?

Remember the gated boxes in classic 250 ferraris like the gto and 250LM? They had an elevated box.

Do you not like them?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #185
fsandys
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
I don't think we'll see one until a private car shows up. Its highly unlikely they'll have a gated 6-speed as a press car. I also think that the gated shifter will be elevated from the central collum, a la 612 or F430. A bad thing, IMO.

BTW, does anyone know when the first reviews are gonna take place????? I'm dying to read/watch (and HEAR ) some reviews!
Obviously there have been the visual reviews and interviews about the car from Maranello, but I have an idea that within the next few months they will be 'pressing' it up with road tests, etc.
fsandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #186
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

"I also think that the gated shifter will be elevated from the central collum, a la 612 or F430. A bad thing, IMO."

A bad thing? Like the design was neglected?

Remember the gated boxes in classic 250 ferraris like the gto and 250LM? They had an elevated box.

Do you not like them?
Good point about the past cars having that. However, I still don't like it, because it looks as if it was just an afterthought, as if the engineers only put in the effort for the F1 trans...

Just my 0.02

Originally Posted by fsandys
Obviously there have been the visual reviews and interviews about the car from Maranello, but I have an idea that within the next few months they will be 'pressing' it up with road tests, etc.
In a few months??? I was hoping THIS month
Old 03-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #187
fsandys
Regular User

Well, we can hope, but there's only 4 days left of this month
Old 03-28-2006, 01:54 AM   #188
tom333
Regular User

What's that website everyone always tells you to visit?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:58 AM   #189
LotusGT1
Regular User

www.fuckinggoogleit.com
Old 03-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #190
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Does anyone have 599 info from the media or owners site?
aren't you the legend of the 599 fan club thread??? you should have them already :roll:

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #191
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Does anyone have 599 info from the media or owners site?
I think pretty much every piece of info + pics are already on the net. In other words, everything should be in this thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #192
tom333
Regular User

Originally Posted by "Chaos in 1983[/quote

aren't you the legend of the 599 fan club thread??? you should have them already :roll:
Indeed I am THE legend of this thread, alas I do not have a Ferrari Vin # of my own to get info from the owners site.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #193
Sydbom
Regular User

I saw a 599 today at stockholm motorshow and first I have to say that after have seen it on the net and those first officil pics I thought it looked like shit basically and thought that ferrari are doing one ugly car after an other, I mean Enzo ( I have seen 2 today, and a FXX! ) 612 and 430 ( where 4 at the show ) arent very good looking cars like the 550 and F40 ( seen 2 of these to! ) and F50 ( only one today ) but sure they are striking.
well the 599 just blew me away! I had to go back for a second look because it is just a stunning looking car! but not from all angles but I guess those bad curves or what ever is needed to make it look so bloody good in the right angles.
well it looks amazing head on and a bit to the sides, but going round it looking more and more from the side its great to a certain point when you see that its not really a balanced design since the rear is so high and the front kind of low and cut of but its all these things that are the good things when looking from the front. but from the side it looks strange.
couldnt get a good view of the rear since the position of the car but it probably looks fantastic.
If I had the money when I was there today I would have bought it straight away! its THAT striking! and you just know that DRIVING it is the LAST thing that is going to let you down.
cant wait to see one on the street!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #194
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sydbom
I saw a 599 today at stockholm motorshow and first I have to say that after have seen it on the net and those first officil pics I thought it looked like shit basically and thought that ferrari are doing one ugly car after an other, I mean Enzo ( I have seen 2 today, and a FXX! ) 612 and 430 ( where 4 at the show ) arent very good looking cars like the 550 and F40 ( seen 2 of these to! ) and F50 ( only one today ) but sure they are striking.
well the 599 just blew me away! I had to go back for a second look because it is just a stunning looking car! but not from all angles but I guess those bad curves or what ever is needed to make it look so bloody good in the right angles.
well it looks amazing head on and a bit to the sides, but going round it looking more and more from the side its great to a certain point when you see that its not really a balanced design since the rear is so high and the front kind of low and cut of but its all these things that are the good things when looking from the front. but from the side it looks strange.
couldnt get a good view of the rear since the position of the car but it probably looks fantastic.
If I had the money when I was there today I would have bought it straight away! its THAT striking! and you just know that DRIVING it is the LAST thing that is going to let you down.
cant wait to see one on the street!
FINALLY someone thats talking out of experience rather than out of their ass I'm glad to hear that it looks so stiking

Must have been quite an experience! I envy you!
I'm guessing you didn't take any pictures?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #195
lorbmw69
Regular User

i was in Maranello 2 weeks ago and i saw a bunch of 599's in a bunch a colors...i really don't like the back at all. the front looks amazing but the back reminds me a lot of the 456...really rounded, and very plain, i got a video of it at fiorano as well albeit shit quality because my dad's camera is terrible and my was stolen.

have no idea how to post the pics or the video...help would be greatly appreciated as i know next to nothing about the code used....thanks!

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote