Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 05-02-2006, 01:37 AM   #16
crazidude
Regular User

Originally Posted by exhausted mules
on top of that. its a great design (BTX) with a solid case. if something did break "out of waranty" i dont care who you are.
That's awesome. A BTX case. I never knew Dell sold those. I always thought they had their little ATX's.

The lower model Dells aren't too bad. They're relatively quiet and very cheap, when they're on sale. But the high end models look funny and they're unnecessarily loud and over priced.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 AM   #17
DeMoN
Regular User

Alienware cases IMO are the prettiest. I got alienware just cuz of the housing lol. Ist pretty, car glossy. But damn its fuxing heavy and its not aluminum so it doesnt keep heat off as good as other cases. Main complain is the weight. Not to brag, but I bench 295 pounds at the gym (I am 5"7 tall and weigh 170pounds), and I still have trouble handling this case.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #18
DeMoN
Regular User

No not rice, if you get it in civilized black lol.

Besides, it matches my black car perfectly. Black, silver, and Red lightning.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #19
Zot09
Regular User

Thanks for the help everyone, it is really appreciated.
I've decided that I will probably go with a LianLi case because they do look very clean, and the model I am looking at does have the side window that I want. I have also decided that I will get a single 7900GTX instead of two 7600's. Besides that, all the other stats are pretty much the same.

Originally Posted by Ronin005
so, is this pc done yet or what??
I'm still deciding if I should wait another 10-ish months and build my computer when Vista comes out, or if I should just build it now and use a pirated version of XP(what's the point in spending money on an OS when I will just replace it again in a few months?). I'm not in much of a rush to get a new desktop, my laptop is fulfilling almost all of my requirements, but I am missing out on games such as BF2. But i'll be sure to keep you all updated on when I do build my desktop. On another note, would you still like me to send you Old Boy over AIM Ronin? I haven't been on much lately due to studying, but just PM me and we can work out a time where I will sign on and send it to you.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #20
DeMoN
Regular User

Just get it now. Till VIsta comes out and is affordable and is patched, and pro version is out, thats a long wait.

Id get it now since you already did all the research.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #21
crazidude
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
I'm still deciding if I should wait another 10-ish months and build my computer when Vista comes out, or if I should just build it now and use a pirated version of XP
If your laptop is serving you well then I wouldn't bother getting a desktop yet. I don't think its worth it to drop so much money just so you can play games right now. You can do that later with a lot less money and it'll perform even better than what you have in mind right now.

I personally think BF2 is overrated and gets boring and repetitive with all the idiots that play. The only game that you're probably really missing now is Oblivion and that really depends on whether you like rpgs or not.

When fall comes along there should be a lot more games that would make your computer a better investment. Hopefully by then, dx10 cards will be out and you can take advantage of the new cryEngine 2. And not only that, but new intel chips that will shit kick the current A64s and AM2s will be more affordable.

Oyeah, get the Lian Li V1000 or 2000. Those cases are just awesome. And for the love of god, stay away from the one that looks like a 6. I forgot what its called, but that thing just looks hideous, a great case, but hideous.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote