Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2004, 02:13 AM   #20
HoboPie
Regular User

Ok, we can argue the merits of the cars if we want, but lets not turn this into another Porsche vs Ferrari. I know you aren't the only one to say anything about it Ivanhoe, but the last little sentence has nothing to do with Ferrari or Porsche interior or even the other merits of the cars.

Also, the Enzo does have AC, but no radio. That is part of weight savings, but it is more the statement than the actual weight. To some people that appeals, even Porsche suggest you don't take the luxurious options(radio etc...), but they know some people will want it. The manual tranny? They did that because couldn't develop their proprietary semi auto in time.

It was also embarassing that the Enzo broke down, but I mean the GT2 broke down in the Top Gear review. It was just while driving not during a crazy track run.

Ferrari is currently able to survive by being owned and building the cars they want to build. Porsche is surviving on their own, but to do that they have to start building cars they don't really want to.

I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but really who can. Now it is easy to have a preference, but you it is simply that. Ferrari and Porsche aren't really making any mistakes here. The breakdowns will happen, but for the most part Ferrari built the car they wanted and Porsche the one they wanted.