Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 06-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
Exige_240R
Regular User

Default ABT Widebody Audi TT + a Noble GTO (some version)

I'm not sure if I got the name right, but it is a wide body Audi TT by ABT, Its very very rare in the UK, and I saw it parked in the carpark today as I was leaving Goodwood Festival of Speed (I might post my event pictures from there too tonight).

and now I am home, I have spotted an M5 in the pic too, but I didnt see it then

And just as I was driving out, this beauty drove in, so I stopped and stuck the camera out the window , its had a tough life, and it bottomed out here, you can see the dip he just came down!

Exige_240R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
sentra_dude

That Audi is interesting, but I don't think its a car I'd buy, but looks like a high quality job at least. Too bad about the M5, I noticed it too, and was wondering why you didn't have pics of it...then read your post, haha oh well.

How common are the Noble's in England?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
redbaron
Regular User

The carpark of the Goodwood FOS is already very interesting, I'm looking forward to the pics you will post of the festival itselfs.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
Exige_240R
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
How common are the Noble's in England?
They're not too common for me, and if I dont count the Noble Dealership near my house, i see a couple a month

and i'll be posting the Goodwood FoS pics shortly
Old 06-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #5
Vansquish
Regular User

It's a Noble M400...you can tell it's one of the more recent 3.0L models by the faired-in headlights (the 3.0 was launched originally with the M12 GTO -- 2.5L -- front clamshell and open headlights)...and you can tell that it's the M400 because of the flared side-scoops...the M12 GTO-3 and 3R don't have that characteristic.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
Exige_240R
Regular User

Just a update for those looking for the Goodwood FoS pics, they will be online tomorrow, i've had a long day and I havent finished uploading them onto imageshack, so i'll finish it tomorrow, meanwhile, here is a picture preview of what is coming up
Old 06-25-2005, 04:07 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Cool!

As for the car park, I am sure there were many more nice cars, so I hope you got pics!

And can't wait for the event pics too :good:
Old 06-25-2005, 07:14 AM   #8
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
It's a Noble M400...you can tell it's one of the more recent 3.0L models by the faired-in headlights (the 3.0 was launched originally with the M12 GTO -- 2.5L -- front clamshell and open headlights)...and you can tell that it's the M400 because of the flared side-scoops...the M12 GTO-3 and 3R don't have that characteristic.
Even better than that the very same car was in the Buyer's Guide in evo magazine a few months back

Nice pics Exige, i've never been to Goodwood, and i really wish i had gone now. I have seen some really nice pics from there already, but pics aint as good as seeing them in the metal 8)

Lookin forward to the rest of your pics
Old 06-25-2005, 01:49 PM   #9
Exige_240R
Regular User

There were a lot of nice cars in the car park, however, once I had started driving, there was no-where for me to stop easily to take pictures, and most of the cars I saw from a distance (BIG car park!!) and wasnt close enough, but here are a couple of others I did see:

Old 07-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #10
MIHALS
Regular User

hey Dude, I've seen the same TT ABT
this pic is just few mins old - I've just seen something yellow from window and quickly took my cammera - fortunatelly he stopped on the railway crossing (cca 100m from me), so I took quick pic
8)
Old 07-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #11
stmoritzer
Regular User

Thanks for the new pics.
I like the ABT TT

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #12
Exige_240R
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
hey Dude, I've seen the same TT ABT
this pic is just few mins old - I've just seen something yellow from window and quickly took my cammera - fortunatelly he stopped on the railway crossing (cca 100m from me), so I took quick pic
8)
Cool! 8) nice to see it gets driven about a bit then!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #13
MIHALS
Regular User

BTW, where are you from? Brighton?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:14 AM   #14
Exige_240R
Regular User

i'm still inside the M25, but only just, I live near a town called Esher, the big landmark area for car enthusiasts for me really is Brooklands and McLaren (Woking), also, I live in the village where AC Cars first designed and made the AC Cobra, but that building no longer exists

so no, I dont live in Brighton but kinda close, its easy to get to