Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default FIRST JW COMPETETION: PRIZES TO BE WON !!!

I was planning on building a new computer system this Xmas when I have some time off...I have just seen the O-ACE set up and WOW !!!!! funny thing is its similar to what I had in mind...but its much much better....

I am hoping there are some keen hardware designers here who can design an even better looking system for me.

The budget you have to work with is between £5,000 and £7,000 and I will get some photos and dimensions of the room I have to set it up in tonight.

The priorities are some nice screens maybe a projector or plasma on the back wall as well as the flat screens...

Everything should be available for me to buy in the UK and the hardware should be the best available you can find while trying to stay within the budget. As well as posting links to the hardware required obviously anyone providing an actual plan of the setup stands a better chance of winning.

First the O-Ace system :

The prize for making something similar or better are :

1st prize :

Clarksons Shootout DVD &
Brundles Supercars DVD

2nd prize :

Either of the two DVD's above

They are both PAL versions that will work on all PC's (as far as I am aware) and I will do my best to provide NTSC conversions if required to do so.

Depending on the response I may run a poll to help decide which is the best system and also when the final result will be made.

Thanks

Jabba
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote