Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-29-2004, 04:10 AM   #1
sau_mathur
Regular User

Default Wayne Rooney's Sensational Debut

Did y'all see the champions league game between Man U and Fenerbache. How awesome was Rooney..!!!! Farkin awesome debut..hattrick in his first game for united. Go the Red Devils. Awesome play by him the whole game.. apart from scoring the 3 goals, found great vision in providing Bellion with his goal , and united's 6th.

Come On You Reds !!! We can still catch Arsenal at the top of the league table..~!!!!
sau_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:21 AM   #2
chipanggo
Regular User

after a dismal start to the season, i hope this great game by rooney would signal manchester united's turnaround.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #3
Anonymous

Well i'm not a Man Utd fan but i watched the game last night and the way he played can only be good for england Apart from when he gave away the corner that resulted in the second fenebarche goal what was he doing!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

That was a great game for such a young guy, and on debut for such a historic team makes it even bigger. All 3 goals were quality efforts, no cheap ones in there.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
aks
Regular User

omg, wat an amazing debut, well done rooney!

jus think of it, Man U now have ronaldo, van nistelrooy, scholes and rooney! wat an attack! catchin up to arsenal could seriously be a real possibility!!

c'mon Man U, we're all goin for ya!!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
Anonymous

Originally Posted by aks
omg, wat an amazing debut, well done rooney!

jus think of it, Man U now have ronaldo, van nistelrooy, scholes and rooney! wat an attack! catchin up to arsenal could seriously be a real possibility!!

c'mon Man U, we're all goin for ya!!
LOL i like it how everyone forgets about Alan Smith really saved man U's ass on numerous occasions at the start of the season. I always support british teams in europe but as for the rest of the time, i just hope he stays fit for england
Old 09-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

they dont need beckham afterall....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:46 AM   #8
sau_mathur
Regular User

whats gonna happen to Luis Saha ? I reckon hes got a very limited role in the squad now. As much as I like him, i dunno abt his future anymore. I mean, like previously mentioned before, Ruud, Alan, Wayne, Cristiano, Paul, Ryan...where will luis play ?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #9
Fleischmann
Regular User

Well done Rooney!! What a debut!!

Am I the only person who thinks that Nistelroy ain't such a good player. I mean has abnybody realised that most of his goals are just simple "tap-ins" from very close distances ?? It's the player that set him up who should get the credit.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #10
sau_mathur
Regular User

Yeah but last few games, ruud has played really really well....!!! even in this game, he set up rooney for his hat trick goal.
and also, even though some of his goals are tap ins, u need to be in the right place at the right time to do those things, and he has like 40 goals in each season hes played for us, so i would totally disagree with ur comment fleischmann (Flesh Man).
Old 09-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #11
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
Well done Rooney!! What a debut!!

Am I the only person who thinks that Nistelroy ain't such a good player. I mean has abnybody realised that most of his goals are just simple "tap-ins" from very close distances ?? It's the player that set him up who should get the credit.

**EDIT** LOL beat me to it ^^^^
Yeah but you have to get in the right position to score them his record is definately beyond doubt....

bbc stats^^ (so blame them if they're wrong )
Old 09-29-2004, 02:35 PM   #12
Ill Dottore
Regular User

What a sensational debut.. The most impressive goals of the Matchday (counting Roberto Carlos vs. Roma)

Cheers

Ill Dottore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #13
Stikz
Regular User

Holy shit, it was a bomb game. Rooney played beyond anyone's expectations. Both the Madrid and Man U game were awesome. Man U has too many forwards now. I feel bad for Smith and Saha, as well as Solskajaer. Playing time on that team is going to be a fight. You can't sit Van Nistelrooy or Rooney. Should be a good team to watch again. And the scary thing is Keane and Ronaldo didn't even play yesterday. I still don;t think that Arsenal has anyone to fear, but at least the Man U games will be entertaining again.

Anyone see the Chelsea game today? Drogba and the Blues played pretty well and Terry had a fantastic game.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:44 PM   #14
godspeed06
Regular User

i am a man u fan, but as long as chelsea and their disgustingly deep pockets get beat im happy.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #15
Stikz
Regular User

right on man. I can't wait for the first Arsenal-Man U game.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote