Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 02-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Leaves Eyes- Vinland Saga review

http://leaveseyes.de/

I stumbled upon this band somewhat back in December when i bought Nymphetamine, by Cradle Of Filth. (see the review of that album here: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34142 ) On the title track there is a female voice that graces the middle of the song ( on the Overose version which is 9:42, on the Fix version, she's the first verse) So i checked out the linear notes and found out who she was and what band she was a part of. A quick Google search led me to their site.

i soon found while reading the band's bio that stranger yet, i had stumbled on the singer, Liv Kristine Espenęs Krull, when i was in Phoenix and my roomate had a Theater of Tragedy cd. ToT has since gotten a new singer ( http://www.theatreoftragedy.com/ )

Now i don't have either of their albums, Lovelorn or Vinland Saga, but from the clips and 2 vids on the site, i definetly need to go locate them. The first vid, Into Your Light, she has a Gwen Stefani look, but pulls it off about 50 times better than Gwen.

Elegy, the second vid, showcases her in the red dress and corset she's wearing on the homepage, and includes a few gratuitous cleavage shots.

The band is comprised of Atrocity, her husband's band, and her as the lead singer. Her husband, Alex Krull, provides the backup vocals.

All in all, i'd have to say this venture into Black Metal is paying off

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Went out and bought Vinland Saga today. The whole album seems to be about a Viking and his group's journey and his thoughts about the woman he left behind. The 3rd track, Elegy, is her prayer for his return him wondering if he'll see her again.

The album is fairly mellow considering that it's baisically a black metal band with her as the vocalist. There are two track where Alexander Krull lends his growl but neither of the tracks are a ripping pace.

Wether they'll make it in the US is doubtful since the labels here are pushing top 40 type crap :roll: and i dont' think anyone on Napalm Records is ever going to be played on the radio here. Which is just as well because 13 year olds tend to latch onto radio bands and next thing you know their concerts are being held in all ages venues and you're the only one over 15 in attendance :roll:

Next on the list of cds to buy is their first album, Lovelorn; one of Atrocity's albums and another CoF

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote