View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 07:56 PM   #31
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by mindgam3
^^ I agree... The whole point of computer game's is that they're fun - whether fun for you is a simulation or arcade is irrelevant. I prefer the games that are more realistic, whether they're driving or shoot em up but at the end of the day they've got to be fun - GT4 does this a lot better IMO.

If i want fun and realism i'd save up a few hundred quid n get myself down to a track day, simple as that...
Ahh mate. SIMULATION=SIMULATION

It has nothing to do with fun.
But computer games have everything to do with fun, just because its realistic, doesen't mean I have to go play it...

Why would i want to play something that bored me to death?

Driving a fast car is fun

Playing on a simulator that isn't fun obviously isn't that good of a simulator as i can imagine driving a 360 GT car would be a hell of a lot of fun.

A decent simulation needs to be realistic AND fun, GTR doesen't do it for me....

GT4 has enough realism and represents real world driving yet is actually fun to play.

If they stuck GTR's physics engine in GT4 then that would be a great game, as it is, IMO GT4 wins hands down.

As i said, if i wanted realism i'd go book a few hours in a proper performance car
I am having tons of fun mate, and so are 1000s of other people. What many expect is to jump in and have "fun". Well it can not happen because this is a very accurate simulation. Trust me mate, you will not have fun if you jump in a prodrive 550 withouht any prior experiance, you will be spinning your tires for 50 laps straight. You have to practice and achieve the fun, I have the biggest grin on my face when Im lapping Spa with online, sweating like mad, working three pedals at a time, working that wheel like mad, running through that H box....but maybe thats because Ive been doing the sim thing for over 4 years now.......and trust me mate, I hated GPL when I first tried it, becuase I never had a challenge like that in my life prior to it.
call me daft, but that sounds extremely sad.