View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:46 AM   #1385
exhausted mules
Regular User

what i do for the setup for b-spec is what i call an "apex setup" where you have a setup which initially holds that apex grip as long as possible. the comp seems to come into a corner, hold the speed required for the amount of grip and then accelerate when the coast (grip) is clear.

normally i setup for late braking and throtle play to stabalise the car. loads of front end grip meaning... front end bias with a loose but responsive rear. (hard springs with lots of preload and rebound to taste for the front and softer springs, less preload but more rebound out back). stick tons of camber up front with a little less in the back. lift the rear end and lower the front. but try to keep a 50-50 weight. toe in at the front and lots of out in the back.

this is for a mr of course and you'd have to adjust the weight distribution with a different car.

you adjust the sway bars at 1 with one up on the front if oversteers on the turn in and one up on the back if it over steers on the throttle out.

for b-spec do all this... but in the opposite. the comp seems to like being aggressive on the corner exit so having it fast there will gain you those seconds.

those are my findings anyways. give it a try.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote