View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #19
spitfire6000
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
The Cayenne should not be even called a Porsche. I think it may be "ok" for a sports car manufacturer to make a sport "utility" vehicle. The problem with cayenne is that it's a mass-market item. The SUV is designed to be a transport for a sport's player's wife's trip to local market. I mean, look at the Lambo LM002. It was a totally extreme machine stricktly for off road, ugly to behold-not in cayenne's near estrogen injected way. And also, only 300 or so were ever produced, over six years. And it ran in Paris-Dakar Rally, employed in army purposes,... but Cayenne is ...nothing right now...it's the new champion of the footballer's wife's dream car (so to speak), over the Lexus RX
How does that make any sense? At which point did god come down and tell you that suvs are made for sports players wives? From your example i can say that the murcielago is a car for 20 year old girls just because the hilton sisters and all of their friends drive one as a primary car. And i can say the same thing about corvettes as being designed as a car for a middle aged man going through mid-life crisis.

Just because some wemen drive the cayenne, it doesnt make it any less manly than any other porche.

Yes the cayenne has an auto tranny, but its an optional feature for every other porsche except the highend models
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote