Thread: P90x
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

1st week into p90x, and on the worksheet (keeping track of reps/ weight) I've shown significant improvement on the 1st workout. I think I'll be going at a rate of p100x +- as sometimes I'm out of town and unable to do a proper workout.

Some things I'm noticing is
1. I'm going to have to get more free weight dumbells. Prior to starting, I added 2x 25 lb; and I think I'll have to get 2x 35, and 1x 50 or 60 before I'm through with the system. I already have 2x 10 lb.

2. I am a little low on space, but can still get all the workouts done.

3. I could add a significant amount of reps to the 1st workout... 243 total push ups vs. 226. I suffered at the end for adding so many (til failure for many of the sets); so my final set was down by 3. Of each set, only one set declined in reps. I had a total today of 87 vs. 61 my first attempt for pull up/ chin up combinations.

I'm still not at full speed playing the dvd + working out... but that will come with time. I'll try harder for week 3 I think.

If chest back kicked my ass hard last week, plyometrics did it worse. In some ways, I'm looking forward to it... but not in others.

P.S. My ab workout is harder than theirs, with the exception of obliques... ouch, that hurts!