Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #37
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kangaroo Boy
Tell you the Truth,I have tried Pot,and ain't special.
I rather go drinking then smoke pot.I also used to smoke cigarettes.But really,My mates smoke pot,and they are nice people although they only been smoking it for 1 year and really they haven't change.They aren't voilent,or be cockheads to anyone else and they are easy going people......But there are people that do smoke pot that are fucked up and I have meeted them.
But I Recommend don't do any drugs.No chemical is a safe chemical.
I agree, as it seems so far i the only regular user of marijuana (or the only one who has posted so far), it has at times had a direct effect on my life. as posted earlier it is easier to say "well ill just smoke this instead of go to class" or "ill have lunch later lets smoke some more!" it has at times consumed my life(specifically second semester last year). Yet i learned my lesson and although still consume copious amounts of dope(by definition i am a heavy user, but in truth, a moderate one) i stil function normally. I have no problem finding, and keeping a job and never do i smoke while i am workin, because it seriously numbs ur motor skills, and saps ur motivation. but i do have friends who do nothin except smoke weed. all day everyday. they dont go to class(or go three hours a week on a 20 hr sched), leave the house, or do nethin except smoke weed, play video games,smoke weed, eat,smoke weed, watch tv, smoke, shower(some times ) they cant hold a serious job(besides painting or mcdonalds or whatever) or just dont even fuckin bother to get one and use OSAP(ontario student "heres some cash pay us back after school fund" ) (as u can see i work for my dollar and find good jobs in the summer, hence my last post sayin i smoke considerably less in the summer while employed). and no i dont plan on smokin my life away. i wont smoke after i fini school(because it wont be as readily accessible, and thats my main problem). so to sum this rant up, ppl can go through life on the pot, but it is difficult, if i wasnt at fan"FUN'shawe college crankin out straight A's ,high as hell and at a real school(a univ, which i will be next yr, unsure of where as of yet) then i wouldnt be smokin nearly as much because i wouldnt be able to. now i understand that i could be doin other things(startin my own business, etc) but edu is important and i think that i am no better or worse off from smokin weed all the time. BUt as i said, some ppl do let it consume their lives, and cant break it(its been three yrs and counting for the guys i was refering to before and they all have nothin to show for it cept gen ed diplomas(or worse fail 3/4 of their classes), so if u are one of these ppl, take a good look around, theres more to life than burning, and next time u light that shit up stop and think. " is this where i am goin to be in 5 years?" i hope the answer to that question is no. Thanks for reading guys ttyl.