View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 01:35 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ahmedgiyab
"RC45"...tell me why do the US need to imort oil...????

Alaska, Texas...enough for the US...I told you check what the Arab World did to

the US in 73...

So you are saying that the US went for the help of the Iraqi people....not for the

oil??? Simply this is the summary of what you said? If so...then no need to go

further in this topic... :roll:
Again I point you towards the actual oil imports to the USA - The USA provided 45% of it's own oil supplies. The remaining 55% are imported. With ONLY 15% of those imports coming from the Arab world...

You guys are NOT the single most important source for US oil - you are just one of the cheapest.

So lets say that the US invaded Iraq for the oil - now what? Are they going to steal it? Take it for free? This makes no sense... why invade a place and spend 1000000 times more money on aquiring this "secret stash" of oil - than you could by simply buying it someplace other.

Lemme guess - now you going to say that the UK and US are going to steal all the Iraqi oil and never pay for it.

15% that how much oil comes from there... not 15% of US consumption - 15% of US imports - which is 55% of consumption - which is only 8.24% of US consumption... somehow your logic doesn't really hold water does it????

So back we go again to strategic studies - if we are talking about 8.25% of US consumption coming from the Arab world, is suddenly appears that ONE of the reasons for having a peaceful Middle East would be keep the price and supply of 8.25% of oil requirements stable...

However, another great plus would be to put the fear of God into any other fuckheads that get the bright idea to try fly their planes into large buildings killing 4000 people in an act of terrorism.

The terrorists of the world now know, even hiding in caves won't save you from getting killed .... fucking cowards.

Oh and the other plus side - Iraq has a Bill of Rights, a Constitution and an Interim Government that regains 100% control on July 1 2004...

Something that was never a prospect for the last 50 years.

So - why should the UAE be peaceful without dictators and Iraq not?