View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #21
madpony
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
A dyno simply measures the force exerted by the wheels over a given time interval. With that, horsepower is calculated (force x distance / time . . . power). Being awd, the GTR will lose a higher percentage of power through the drivetrain than a rwd car would.

Ok, new day new attempt to get my point across. The GTR is under normal conditions a rwd car that uses power to the front wheels in trouble situations. So unless it was slipping on the dyno there was no awd drivetrain loss meaning the idea of 570hp is not practical.
As for the power distribution system I agree the gains are only going to coming during slippy periods like launch and that the z06 should run it down fairly quickly thereafter, but I don't doubt it beats it to 60 as through this new system not only does it have that extra grip of awd when it needs it, but it has it without the awd bog theoretically.
I've said it before and I'll say it again the gtr is an off the line/time attack performer that is too heavy to do well in the long run, but this whole conspiracy theory about an extra 100 horsepower is a witch hunt. Technology has moved forward you can't just look at power/weight ratios when talking about this new super computer of a car.
madpony is offline   Reply With Quote