View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
maxbg
Regular User

Originally Posted by Z28
Originally Posted by maxbg
In my opinion, The best creation that comes out from the land of the rising sun is none other than the Vmax !!!!!!

20years and still going strong.

I have both the R1 and Vmax...... I prefer the Max over the R1.
1198cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, 70° V-4, shaft drive. Looks interesting. What do V-4's sound like stock and with aftermarket exhaust? I know the Vmax has power, but how does it handle compared to your R1? I am assuming you prefer the Vmax over the R1 because of the low range power.
The bike is actually conceived in USA with Ed Burke as the primary designer. The legendary V4 is designed from the Royal star engine with the internals modified for 143bhp with the trademark Vboost system.

The Vboost system kicks in at 6000rpm and above all the way to the 9500rpm redline. This is the time where a butterfly valve opens to allow 2 CV carbs to feed the mixture into 1 cylinder.The feeling is very close to a turbocharged bike. So to sum up, this is the only naked bike that has strong lowend torque and also dizzying top end hp.

I had a supertrapp installed previously and the thing sounds like like a Chevy V8. Stock 1/4 mile stands at low 11s to high 10s.
maxbg is offline   Reply With Quote