View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
Did you really just compare your car to a 360CS? come on now.
My car does 0-60 in around 4 secs and a quarter in the 12's, probably pulls as much g around a skidpad as a 360CS, but by no means do I pretend to be in the same league as one. Neither is a c5.. ..
Same league as what? Pompous snobbery? Or on road and on track capability? Since when are certain cars "of limits for comparison" Please.

League? I guess this is that whole "oh my gawd its a ferrari I better pee pants bow down holy mother" reaction people have.

The 360CS may be rare and expensive and desirable annd full of fancy bits and pieces, Lord knows I have photgraphed and been in and around enough of them - but don't for a second assume it is an untouchable car from a performance perspective.

In stock form the C5 Z06 danced toe to to with the 360CS, just the same way the GT3 MKI did. When my car was stock I could pull a car on a 360CSon a freeway and could mor ethan hold its own in the twisties as vouched for by many trackdays and laptimes people have provided. What does that prove? Nothing - but it helps point out that the 360CS is a greta car, but not the only great car.

By the way - the 360CS vs C5 Z06 argument has been raging since the RacingFlix.Com days - and is just as true now as it was then.

You will need to go dredge up what ever post you claim where I said your car was crap - why would I? It was probably in response to some inane argument years ago. I am the consumate car fan - I just happen to drive a C5 Z06 because it is one of the mostaffordable ways to have unbelievable performance potential.

I have more than a passing interest in and in depth knowledge of many marques and manufacturers, vast number of books, videos and other performance related interests - the idea that I am some "Corvette only hate all other" person is a bullshit false image promoted by some other people - a few of which ar estill around.

And maybe people hold "past anger" because its the same people from the "old site" that you used to piss off then too?
Pissed them off? Screw them - all they did was spew anti-American crap (and lumped that in with anti-Vett, Viper and anything else they could) any time they could - and almost 99% of the crap they posted was inaccurate.

Added to that they could not keep their political hatred confined to the correct forum. Once that happened there was no turning off their nonsense.

The majority of them are gone now - its time the rest of them just gave up the bitterness and moved on - we are afterall trying to promote a new calmer MW.

And in closing - why is it that other people are entitled their opinions and vehemently defend them - but the dont allow the rest of us to have our own opion?

**Back on Topic**

Why don't you just admit that the GT-R has flaws, but its still damn fast.
I said this the day it came out - never said oterwise, but what I and others are saying is that in order to do the things it supposedly did it would either need more than 480bhp or weigh less than 4000lbs or come with amazing tyres.

Well - we are being proven right on 2 counts - all indications are it has way more than 480bhp and the tyres are about as sticky as Michelin Sport Cups.

Last edited by RC45; 02-26-2008 at 03:31 AM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote