View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #19
79TA
Regular User

Generally, a car and its performance variant are developed in conjunction. Sometimes the performance one is an afterthought (much like the old skyline based GT-R's) and sometimes the performance model is the point while the toned down volume version is needed to secure income. You can have the chicken vs egg argument all day long but it doesn't change the fact that performance variants of cars can and do perform regardless of how their base models drive. No pretending or posing is necessary.

Also, this conversation has done little to differentiate between poser cars and poser drivers. That made this thread even more painful to read.

A poser is one who pretends to be something he isn't. That applies to either cars or drivers. For instance, the C6 vettes (which are plenty capable) with Z06 badges etc at Cormier Chevrolet are poser cars. There's nothing wrong with a slow driver or slow car. They'll both be safe from the poser badge so long as they're just honest about what they are.

One more clarification: guys who dress up their cars to look faster than they actually are can be called posers as its their fault, not the cars. A generally more appropriate term for this is "ricer."

I called your train of thought dumb. So unless you are entirely defined as a person by that one thought, I did not call you dumb. Feel free to call any of my thoughts dumb. I won't take it as a personal attack but I'll likely clarify and defend my positions much like I am doing now. Disagreements don't just happen because everyone has good ideas.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote