View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
fordgt84
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
Congratulations FordGT84! You've just turned this into the most pointless and petty thread on Motor World!

An argument over who the real poser is on the internet is infinitely stupid. I do know RC has a Z06 and goes to track days. You . . . whine on the internet? Anyway, I think he is wrong to call base model cars poser cars but you're point about other cars being poser cars as they are based on poser cars was one of the dumbest trains of thought I have read. He claims they are poser cars because they try to look like the halo models while they clearly aren't. So with your logic, because lower spec cars emulate the top spec ones, the top spec cars are also poser cars only because they are emulated by base models etc? That's pretty much like calling Micheal Jordan a poser because little kids wear his jersey. Dumb.
what's up 79TA?, did the 911 GT3 come b4 the Carrera?, did the Z06 come b4 the normal version? aren't they pumped up/stripped down version of these base cars? how can they try to look like models that do not exist?... i'm going to say this for the millionth time then i'm out of here ... i for one am willing to accept that i may seem like a poser to others if i'm seen in a car like a vette, viper, ferrari etc. ..you are burying your head in sand if you think you don't pass as a poser to others simply because you have a performance variant of a car, whether it has a sportier supension, less weight, a manual only gearbox, more powerful engine whatever...extra performance doesn't write you off as a poser

this isn't the first time a thread has completely gone off topic, and at no point was I whining about anything, I was having a debate with another member of the forum, he said something i didn't agree with, and we tried to make our cases heard... which is what people do in forums, if you don't like it that's not my problem.

glad to see u get ur sense of superiority by calling random ppl online dumb, i hope ur proud of yourself, at least your buddy RC45 had the decency not to be dismissive.
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote