View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #11
No.1
Regular User

Watched it already

It wasn't fantastic, but an improvement.

The lottery guy was interesting to watch, but i'm sure many of us will be frustrated with the lame-ass cars he's bought so far :roll: Oh well, if cars ain't your thing....

The Jag feature was alright, but Tiff wasn't as enthusiastic as the rest of the british press - judging the car against the 991 or Bee-Em 645 instead of the Merc SL500 etc...

It was nice to see the new MX5 versus the old-old-model. Some poor woman had her car ragged silly by VBH on the angelsey track as they compared old for new. However, i disagree with VBH saying that the "infamous" shootout is just that - it really isn', and detailled analysis of each car's merits/performance isn't given - apeing TG really isn't cool, unfortunately.

Tom's geneva motorshow coverage was poor - he used a handycam (or so most of it seemed), but there are more clips to come from this trip later in the series.

The car-sharing was a topical issue, but of little relevance to non-UKers IMO. Poor Jon Bentley - lumped with the boring features again

As my expectations for this season weren't high (remember, this is the second season of 45min shows, and last season wa pretty dire) i was pleasantly suprised. Though i am on holiday at the moment, so anything on the TV is a welcome distraction from sitting on my arse revising