View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Bough a new monitor, now have questions

So my old CRT was about to go kablammo. It would make wierd squiggly lines every now and then. Plus, if I dared to turn it off, it would take about 10 minutes to turn back on after hitting the power button. heh

So I bought a Westinghouse 19" widescreen monitor. Sorry, I don't have a digicam, so no pics, but if you guys need proof I'll scan the reciept. This is the monitor here:
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/d...spx?itemnum=46

Anyway, the screen will go up to 1440x900, yet it's not giving me that option under the properties menu. Do I need to find and install some dumbass driver or do I need to upgrade my graphics card?

In all honesty, a new graphics card would be nice, I'm using the stock one my PC came with and it's nothing special. It's a Nvidia Geforce MX420.

Right now I'm running 1280x960 which is pretty snazzy. The few 720p videos I had on the PC look fantastic.

Overall I'm happy with it. It may not be the best, but at the price I paid ($220) I think I made out well.

One other big plus is that bmw06m6's signature no longer makes me scroll sideways.