View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #7
Anonymous

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by AL
Not a bad first test by Tiff I thought, sin city effect was very nice and didn't feel so budget as usual 5th gear, shame they don't combine road and track tests though Relatively entertaining but having seen what's coming I think I will switch off soon
I missed the start of Tiff's review, but tuned in in time to see him completely shit his pants after the near-miss

The SFX were a bit "me-too", and they came a bit late in the day compared to TGs editing

I watched the rest of the show, though. The Airbag feature was boring, apart from the manufacturing process which was very interesting. The numberplate theft thing i was aware of, especially since the obtaining of an actual plate has become more difficult.

The "Shootout"... more like "SHITEout".... a Volvo vs. a bland Legacy. Although the Legacy is a very accomplished car, Vicki's first words in the Volvo about it being so big were fucking stupid - OF COURSE it's BIG!!! Its a fucking estate car. A complete waste of time IMO.... when was the last time TG took an estate around the track?!! (-without taking the piss.... something 5th Gear will also never achieve - comedy)

The Puma auction was exactly what i have come to expect of 5th Gear. A very boring idea on paper, and even worse when Plato shows a dent being popped out - WHY?!?!?!?! The very fact that they didn't sell the car was another huge disappointment, to be added to the brroken Koenigsegg, broken Renault Megane, the failed 200mph Lotus....

5th Gear seems more and more like TGs poor relation every week :roll:
Yup I pretty much tuned out after the civic which was resonably good I thought, resonable but short review from hairy tom. Tiffs was OK but they really need to stop doing the crap shootouts and spend more time on the likes of the cayman etc. Not the worst ep but most of it was wasted with poor crap I didn't bother to watch, this marketing assignment was more fun I bet!