View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
I think you missed my point. Half the magazines have concluded that the Nissan is way faster then the Z06 (in the 1/4). Here we have a dyno resulting in a rwhp way below what a vette has. Now granted numbers always vary greatly dyno to dyno, but I think we can safely say the RWHP of the GTR is not significantly higher then the Z06. Yet it weights some 700 lbs more. That is the part that makes no sense.

The drive train loss makes perfect sense. Its the comparative dyno that raises the WTF flag.
Not at all.

Remember, the drive train loss measured, is on a static dyno. It is possible that during operational conditions, the complex nature of the GT-R drivetrain might mean the drivetrain loss varies between some maximum and some minimum amount as the active components take charge.

Unlike a static mechanical system that the GM produc has, where the "lockup" condition of the drivetrain components on the dyno is the same as on the road.

So on the dyno, only 440hp of the available 500++++ HP gets through, but at other times perhaps more of those crank HP get through to the ground.

And then when they do get there, the ultra sticky tyres are able to make use of them instantly.

There is no doubt that technical wizardy and sticky tyres allow the beached whale to be faster than we think it should be - and I think the finl proof will be in the pudding when tyres begin to go off and of some heat soak limits the available power - we will start to see the GT-R behave the way we would expect.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote