View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 12:36 PM   #15
graywolf624
Regular User

His 305 car is the fastest in the world. 9 sec quarter. I didn't say it was slow. But compare that to what you can do to a 350. Also realize that car is not ony stroked but force induced. You are not going to build up a 305 to over the level of the ls1 for the same price as a used ls1 t56 combo. As I said, 3500 can get you a used one. Curtosy of idiots who cant drive camaros and the cars they wrecked.
The 305 is a steel block. It is heavy and poorly designed. The first thing people with 305s do is swap in lt1s or l98s. If you want cheaper sbc hit up an lt1. Yet again ls1 parts are cheaper as long as your willing to go used. That being said he doesn't have to really add parts other then perhaps a tuner. He would have 330 hp stock. Dry sump wouldnt be needed. (If he went road racing and he had one hell of a suspension he should get an accusump (only about 300) but I dont see him going spending a good 5000 on suspension like I have).

As for the original. Do you not know what the grand national/tta engine is? It isn't a 350. It isn't even a v8. It is one of the best v6s ever made. More hp stock then the l98 and some applications have reached as high as 1400 hp. It hasnt been done in a 1st gen to my knowledge.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote