View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
the point is that if you want pure acceleration, just build a drag car, if you want a useable car, go for a Veyron, although I hanker after a GT3, corners exist near my house, and the way you go round them is more important than full on speed.

In fact, I have had some seriously satisfying times in an Astra 1.6 recently, just because it woud not go any faster along that road than it did, power is not the be all and end all.
Oddly enough, the only people you ever hear say that have never really felt real power

Seriously - after I spent almost 250 laps getting very intimate with a Caterham Superlight over a 2 month period, I thought I had found the perfect car - light, nimble, handles lke a dream - feels like a 4 wheel motorcycle... and it only needed 220bhp to accomplish its task.....

"This is the perfect car... power isn't everyhting... " is what I said to myself..... as a Carrera GT blasted past me on outside of the exit of the carousel at MSR.... it was at that moment I realised... I NEED 600bhp+ to have the perfect car
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote