View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
Id rather a straight 6 turbo anydays then a lumpy cunky lazy v8...
Lazy V8s that win Le Mans! Whoop!

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
What joke? I do believe their a couple of LSx Skylines posted on these very boards..
It started as a joke, and as I was typing, I realized that it might be a good idea, although I'd hate to see an LS in Nissans. I've heard about too many 240SXs with LS1s...

Anyways. The GT-R's transmission is a twin clutch system designed in-house? Ricardo already made DSG that can handle 1000ft lb of torque. I can't see why Nissan can't. Although it might not want to do that for just one specific trim of one model, that they can't use on any other model. As for the engine, I'm sure it can cope with 600hp. They've already had mad small displacement production engines that make like 150+hp/liter. (Jag XJ220, Bugatti EB110, B Engineering Edonis... wait they're pretty much the same car. These are, of course, hypercars.) Not sure about the servicing issues with those engines, though. With void warrantees, they'd better take the cars to someone who really knows how GT-Rs work or face Nissan's wrath for ruining their "perfect" car.

Last edited by HeilSvenska; 05-08-2008 at 09:58 PM.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote