View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #11
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
I'm guessing this is the stig's japanese distant cousin??

I can't see how the GTR is "much, much quicker" than the R8 - perhaps it's my scepticism of Japanese media when reviewing Japanese cars and their biased reviews??
Teh GTR traps in the 120's and hits 190+ flat out...I dont think the R8 steps to those kind of numbers...I know where you aer coming from with the Japanese bias as can be seen in some BM videos...I still remember a vid of a WRX STi beating a Z06 around one of there courses...The Z06 driver took the worst lines around the track and it couldnt even out accelerate the WRX STi on the straights...lol...

Good article overall but until that paragraph about soul it sounded like a GTR rout....I was shocked at the R8 being the winner after all the superlatives...I mean the GTR and Veyron were seriously mentioned in the same sentence and it still lost....Cant say I agree with the results but I kinda understand it....Teh R8 is more rewarding to the driver...But in my humble opinion that shouldnt have been enough to upturn what was percieved to be a GTR walk over...