View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
79TA
Regular User

Love: '05 to current Mustang. The current gen Mustang is a thoughtfully executed modern rebirth of a classic. Despite bulking up to modern safety standards, the car has the classic long nose/short rear deck proportions that only pony cars seem to have. I can't see enough of these cars during the day. Sighting them always brightens my day, especially when one thinks about all the more expensive cars that the 4.6 litre V8 puts to shame. Even with the lack of performance potential of the V6 models, it's still fairly sporty and just as good looking. It's comforting to know that there's a stylish car that needn't be marketed as niche. No matter how many Mustangs might be on the road, the majority of the cars around me during my commute are soulless and inspire nothing but mediocrity.

Hate: BMW Z4 - It's been said that evil is a perversion of good. This statement is especially relevant to how the Z4 takes the long nose/short deck proportions to an awkward extreme. Driving a Z4 is not unlike driving around in a big cock - sack up no less. Of course, the usual bangle features are present with no shortage of overemphasized lines and dashes. On the theme of perverted good, the belt line seems to be taken from a '67 Camaro and then contorted into a soulless caricature. The rear end of the car is confused; it tries to taper off and then suddenly breaks . . . not unlike a turd. The car only looks "good" from a couple of angles at best. Otherwise, its proportions make it look as if it hadn't had time to fully develop in the womb. However, fetal alcohol syndrome on wheels would be a better explanation. The final offense is that the driver is telling the world that they had nothing better to spend 40,000.00+ dollars on.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote