View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 05:22 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ericgt
to whoever asked: The 2003 Olds was the mid sized 180hp v6 2dr, the WRX was a stick with the Ti shift knob. The Olds was faster on the hiway ramps by a good 3 mph. In the dry, without drifting. The WRX was a econobox below 3000 rpms, yes the turbo kicked in, but not impressed. I was surprized too. I don't hate Asia cars, while except Honda but thats another story. I saw the WRX on Top Gear and whated to compare to a Mustang. The only reason I test drove Olds was because it at the same dealer, $5000 cheeper, and I was borded.
Those WRC car are highly modified.
It was I that asked - and I am far from an "Asian car lover" - but I know for a fact that that "mid-sized" V6 Olds is a shit box. It may "feel quicker" - but that is about it.

It personifies what our European friends say about American cars only being any good in a straightline.

Which model was it? The Alero? That's a Malibu/Grand Am for goodness sakes...

Give your Alero a sleek and sportier look with the Sport Package. This package is only available on the 2004 Alero GX model.* $150 Credit**

Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob. The leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob add a touch of sophistication and comfort.

Rear Decklid Spoiler. Make you own statement with the rear decklid spoiler.

15" Aluminum Wheels. The aluminum wheels are an ideal accent to Alero's contoured body.
Yeah - thats it - that puts the Olds right in M3 CSL territory...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote