View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 04:08 AM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blackenzo
my dads car is a 1993 965 turbo 3.6 and no did not read about this car before but the yellowbird is based on a 930 as dani d mas said
Well, as exlained to me by various Porsche insiders, and the Porsche archivist Marc Bongers - your dads car is a 965 then.. the name 965 implies a Turbo car.

The 964 Turbo would have been from 1990 forward using the 3.3l Turbo motor, an the 965 (no need for the Turbo moniker - it is implied) uses the 3.6l motor

OK - so back to the RUF CTR option - which was available as a completely bilt car from 1987 through 1993.

The first 23 (as far as we can tell - RUF will be confirmign this in the next week) were in fact pre-964 911 based (but not based on the Turbo interestingly - but a their own 3366cc Turno engine)

The last 2 CTR 1's commisione din 1993 were built using 2 C4 964 cars. The AWD system and 6 speed transmisiosn are of RUF design.

Anyway, why exactly am I debating with you the pedigree and heritage of a well documented pair of cars?

The white and black pair of 964 CTR1 AWD cars correctly carry the nick name "Yellowbird" because they are in fact "Yellowbirds".

No one is claiming this car to be the the ORIGINAL yellow "Yellowbird" - but rest assured, all CTR 1's were affectionately called "Yellowbird"..

Anywaaaayyyyyyyy..

The entire point of this thread was to share one of the most badass cars ever to be featured on JW with your folks...

If you would prefer, I could just delete the thread and then you need no longer be offended by the 964 Yellowbird as it obviously means a lot to you.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote