View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #14
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by No.1
Originally Posted by insane
It's not easy to get hold of one...that's why. Look what trouble they went through to get the Enzo...the GTR is much more rare.
I disagree.... about the Enzo. THere are plenty of owners in the UK that have offered their Enzo's to magazines, TV shows, car exhibition/displays etc...

As for the CLK GTR - i don't even know if there is one in the UK. :bah:
Why did it take so long for them to get one then...?
As is customary, TG usually test other cars much later than 5th Gear. They are not in the bsuiness of attending international press launches (which is why 5th Gear get the 997 Turbo and 599 reviews already) preferring to wait until they can get a car on their airfield.

They were a little late with the Enzo, but that was probably because of filming schedules etc... rather than a delay. They used Nick Mason's car, right? Well, in that case, anybody can get hold of any of his cars (fora price) to use in filming as he runs a company supplying the media and other industries with cars including his 250 GTO and McLaren F1.

However, due to "the unique way in which the BBC is funded" (JC's words, not mine) they will not be too willing to part with their cash, and so rely on more generous owners.