View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Banchi105
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
/\/\/\TSWs are solid wheels but sadly no force feedback. And in a modern sim no force feedback is the same as driving pole position on Atari...its going back to the stone age.
As I've never used a very decent wheel I can't say anything from first-hand experience, but I was under the impression (from both their site and 3rd party reviews) that in the end the force feedback just isn't a big a deal as its made out to be. Have a solid and accurate Wheel and pedal setup adds more to the driving experience than having the wheel try to jerk the opposite direction.
Well I've been into simracing for over 6 years and owned/own many wheels.

Anyone who says FF is not a big deal is a stupid old fart.

Force Feedback is absolutly essential. Whats the point of a sim if you dont have force feedback? Force feedback effects these days are nothing like they used to be(vibrations). You cant drive withouht FF. YOu just cant. Its like driving with no audio or blind folded. THe wheel provides with all of the vital information. Tire state, road grip, track surface infromation....List is endles.

In a modern sim FF is absolutly essential.

And there are solid FF wheels. The Logitech Wheels are solid products. The GT4 wheel is 900 degrees, and ball bearings. Solid product. The Logitech MOMO is built like a truck. I own both. Both solid accurate products.

BTW none of the non-ff wheels TSW and the rest included beat the Logitech Driving Force Pro as far as resolution/accuracy goes.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote