View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #111
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
of course the vette owners have something to prove, well they don't have something to prove really but they feel the need to since they are self conscious about their purchase of the joe-schmo vette since they couldn't afford the Ferrari, so they need to constantly tell them selves that what they bought is good enough. so thats why RC has to constantly bring up anything and everything when its not even comparable. hes self conscious about the vette and simply trys to make him self feel better about his purchase which is understandable but very very sad.
Make myself feel better? That's YOUR justifiaction for hating on the car. I am very pleased with the car, and enjoy it on a daily basis. You and your kind make a point of trying to downplay and bash the car - and all I do is point out you are wrong. Plain and simple.

You are such a nob, I mean snob - that instead of actually enjoying a super fast car on a daily basis, you would rather jack off to pictures of Enzos and bench race and TALK like you know high-performance cars - but really know jack shit about daily driving a 4s car.

If you were a real gear head, you would at least appreciate a fast car and capable car - even if it wasn't full of snob-appeal.

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by brembo
I beg to differ on the Z06 owners as our very own seem to feel the need to to bring it up in every discussion known to mankind, comparing it to cars far beyond what the Z06 can dance with or should be compared to......

The vette are a great car I have never said anything else and meant it, but its a great car for what it is and thats the thing.... for what it is!!!!.....its a cheap, low quallity fast american eco box... nothing more....
That doesnt mean it could or should be comapred to a exotic cuz they are far more than the vette have ever been and probably ever will be......

but hey its opinions and nothing more....I dont think the vette should be compared to a F car or a P car anymore than a BMW, Audi or Merc they are just a different car and doesnt aim for the F-P car segment......maybe Audi with their new LeMans thingy, but we just have to see what it can do before we know...as of now they dont have anything that should be compared......and neither are the vette a contender......
Who honestly gives a flying fuck?

I don't. :fist:
for someone who doesnt give a fuck, you sure have a way of showing it by bringing it up all the time. seems to me like you give more then a fuck about it, and simply are self conscious about your car and have to talk about it all the time so as to feel better about it.
I don't give a fuck what you think. I already feel better - as I daily enjoy a 4s car. Daily enjoy a 7m56s Nurburgring capable car.

People who like to think that only P-cars/F-cars and L-cars can be as high-performance orientated quote numbers as if they actually know something - it's simply sharing info to keep other people who are not snob-appeal driven in the know that there is an alternative.

Just because you fail to admit that not only the wealthy are entitled to awesome performance - doesn't mean others do as well.

Originally Posted by nthfinity
gray, i think just about everyone would love to have the new Z on this site; even if some of them deny it
sorry, but you can take me off that list. sure i would take the care if i won it or someone gave it to be, but at the same time i would sell it in a hearbeat. the vette is nothing but a good bargain, but then again not all good bargains are worth it.
Z06 fans don't want or need you on the list.

So the Horsepower race begins.. there will probably be more N/A 600hp street driven C6 Z06's on the prwol than total Enzo's Murcis and CGT's produced..
does that mean that now you want to compare those 600HP vettes to the supercars??
Yes. Directly comparing the car to them.

Weighing in at 3100lbs, with 600hp on tap places the car squarely in this supposed exclusive performance club. Sorry to say - that once again, just because you like to bench race and get all horny about cars that few and far between can enjoy, doesn't mean that others have to si on the sidelines and not enjoy CGT, Enzo, C12S performance.

Any which way you slice it, this car was the best performance value in 2000 as a 2001 model, and is again the same thing in 2005 as a 2006 model.
VALUE being the key word here, its a good deal and thats all thats good about it.

READ EM AND WEEP!!!!
Your point? You drive a Golf - while you dream of supercar performance, others enjoy it. And you could too for just a coupel more dollars. But you are one of the dillusional few who simply refuse to see the lght.

Oh - and just so you know the C5 Z06 is a 360CS peformance equal, the same way the C6 Z06 will be a 430CS performance equivalent.

This is just how it is.

Learn to accept it.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote