View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #60
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by inso
i see C6 as a lot better starting point to create car that actually can run with the big dogs. Friend of mine has 05 C6 and it has won a few hearts among real car enthusiasts, that usually love and also drive german cars, m bmws, porsches and stuff. And if the z06 gets type approval over here, i have no doubt that it would be alternative to E90 M3 or 997. The ring times Magnussen has achieved show, that it is not just bang for buck, but at least a decent handler too. Still waiting for some SportAuto testing before i can say anything certain about the car. Supertest is what counts on my opinion, and i am not alone with that opinion among european carfreaks.

Now bowtie, drop some more weight and give us even more grunt and lets chase that cgt..
Typical wannabe euro-fanboy answer.

The C6 is derived from the C5 which already surpassed the crappy slow E90 M3 and 997 Carrera.. :roll:

The car is already lighter and stiffer than everyone in in it's similar performance class.

Exactly what more do you "want" to be able to convince you that the previous platform had already met and beaten the eurocrap and has been doing so soundly since July of 2000 when the first 2001 C5 Z06 rolled of the line?

The current car runs a 7m42s Nurburgring time and you say "it's almost an M3 competitior?"

Hello McFly - the C5 Z already put down, track times and numbers to equal the 360CS and 996TT and in right up there with the GT3 - are you claiming the M3 is in this terrirtory as well?

Let's list the vehicles from the 2000 - 2004 time frame that could achieve a 7m56s Nurburg lap time AND click off 12s 1/4 mile, 0-60 in 4s, 60-0 in 105ft and 175mph top end?

Please emlighten the unwashed masses?

No sir - the Corvette did not suddenly just "come of age" - you have just been asleep at the wheel for 5 years.. :roll: :roll: :x

BTW - your "friend" is poser wannabe if he thinks the C6 Coupe is "the real sports car" version - it's actually the poofat girly car... heavier, slower and less capable than the outtgoing C5 Z... - you know, like those latte mocha crap things you sip at the coffee shop while admiring the shine on your poser mobiles
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote