View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 06:20 PM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

all the Michelin teams are facing a $16M fine for the chaos. Most of that money will probably go to the IMS for compensation for ticket refunds. Last i heard there were 6 lawsuits and one class action suit filed against formula one management for the disgrace of a showing on Sunday.

Apparently the FIA has a $16M fine for any team that fails to put 2 cars on the track for a race. BAR was fined for both races they missed while they were banned for the fuel tank issue.
Hang on a minute, am I missing something here? Technically, the teams did field their cars for the race but then retired at the end of lap 1, as I understand it?

I'm not disputing your post, Zfrk, I'm just a bit confused!
I believe the issue is lying in the fact that they pulled the cars from the race before the completion of the 1st lap. technically, they did not even complete the parade lap. However, there could be a boycott in france and should that happen, then the teams who do not show up WILL be nailed for $16M each. And at this point it is once again Michelin that is causing this.

Not sure of the details on it, or why they would boycott the next race, I think it may be because of the fact the race was allowed to run, but it's looking like the season is fucked either way

I'm going to try and find out a little more. Sorry for the confusion but i'm hearing this from one of my coworkers wh frequents the F1 news sites.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote