View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 11:38 PM   #64
Vansquish
Regular User

I believe that the only cars I've seen at those Costco X-mas sales are for Maisto and a few ERTL and Tonka products...and maybe a Road Legend or two. The Maisto cars are certainly the highest detail of the bunch, though I'm prone to taking them home, stripping them bare and carving new parts and detailing them more realistically. The quality of Maisto models has improved quite a bit in the last couple of years...to the point where I think that they are better than Bburago except perhaps in terms of paint finish, but that's somewhat debatable.

As for the CGT that costs $60 usd (with lights and infrared control) I can only assume that that is because of the shipping costs and the fact that EWA wants to make a profit (whereas I don't) They can be found on the US version of Ebay for $35-45 usd.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote