Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How do you strore your magazines? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13683)

Chaos in 1983! 07-27-2004 03:39 AM

How do you strore your magazines?

I was wondering what was the best way to keep your magazines neat...because mine get all wrinkly and bent, mostly because of the moisture in the weather...

Also, it be nice if you post a pic of your magazines and where you store them... :D

blah 07-27-2004 03:42 AM

ill take a picture of the bin in my bathroom where all my magz are, well most of them, some i have in my room because i dont have enough room.

stracing 07-27-2004 04:01 AM

i place them in boxes now, used to bind them when i had access to one

dingo 07-27-2004 04:07 AM

I just stack them on a shelf, that way they don't get damaged.

TT 07-27-2004 04:10 AM

My evo collection as it was last year ;) now they are 70 ;)

http://www.flytrap.it/public/ttsib/evo.jpg

philios55 07-27-2004 04:57 AM

Nice idea TT to put them in protective plastic!

abbor 07-27-2004 04:58 AM

Damn TT!! That's tidy.. How do you manage to keep it that way?

stracing 07-27-2004 06:16 AM

i bet TT reads his magazines with latex gloves and tweezers in a temperature controlled envronment :P

gis 07-27-2004 06:20 AM

^^^ lol

my magazines are just thrown into one corner,neatly thrown that is on top of each other in piles.dont really want them no more,taking up to much room that could be used for die cast models.so anyone wanna buy a lot of magazine ranging from VW ones,max power,redline and a couple others let me know :D

TT 07-27-2004 06:59 AM

Quote:

Well I rarely read them for a second time. I just try to avoid it as much as possible :D

Quote:

i bet TT reads his magazines with latex gloves and tweezers in a temperature controlled envronment
Do you really think this is funny? I considered to use gloves, I admit it. And I can assure you I clean their covers from every single fingerprint before putting them into the bags! :D

blinkmeat 07-27-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT
Quote:

Well I rarely read them for a second time. I just try to avoid it as much as possible :D

Quote:

i bet TT reads his magazines with latex gloves and tweezers in a temperature controlled envronment
Do you really think this is funny? I considered to use gloves, I admit it. And I can assure you I clean their covers from every single fingerprint before putting them into the bags! :D

Hahaha, obsessive compulsive much? They're just magazines people, recycle them. I can almost guarantee you'll never read them through again after a year.

TT 07-27-2004 08:17 AM

I don't really store them to read them again... if I spend around 100 USD for issue #1 and around the same for the 2nd one is just because I love to have them all... it's the only magazine I subscribed too, and I can't stand to have an incomplete collection :D

crowngroup 07-27-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stracing
i bet TT reads his magazines with latex gloves and tweezers in a temperature controlled envronment :P

LMAO the mental image that gave me is too funny :lol:

No.1 07-27-2004 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT
I don't really store them to read them again... if I spend around 100 USD for issue #1 and around the same for the 2nd one is just because I love to have them all... it's the only magazine I subscribed too, and I can't stand to have an incomplete collection :D

Woah... i had all issues from nine onwards.

Then i bought issue 1 for £25 ~ $50 on eBay :D

The gorgeous masser 3200 8) ... well, i only like the rear lights really :wink:

paid only another £70 for issues 2-8... you really got ripped off there TT :( ... all of my copies are mint 8)

gis 07-27-2004 10:20 AM

^^^^^ LOL man u shouldnt let TT see that,he will break down in tears after that long search and costly search for his whole collection,LOL