Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   5th Gear - S10 EP5 - 23rd October, 2006 - Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41768)

vexor 10-07-2006 03:39 AM

5th Gear - S10 EP5 - 23rd October, 2006 - Discussion

Quote:

Jason Plato takes the new Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 for a test-drive to find out if it’s the ultimate American muscle car. Available only as an exclusive import from the US, it’s the cheapest production car available with 500 horsepower. Is this £40,000 coupé with supercar performance any good, or will it suffer from the traditional deficiencies of an American car and handle like a shopping trolley?

Elsewhere, Jonny Smith races the world’s biggest mower, the £250,000 Claas Cougar. This giant machine looks like something out of ‘Thunderbirds’, and with its record-breaking 14-inch cutting width could mow Hyde Park in just three hours. Jonny is given a Volkswagen Touareg, the best 4x4 for pulling things, and a gang mower to tow behind it. Which will mow ten acres first?

Also this week, Tiff Needell finds out if you can have as much fun in the tiny Suzuki Swift Sport as you can in a Ferrari. The Suzuki is a new sporty version of their small shopping car and costs just over £11,000. Tiff sees if a Swift, tuned at the famous Nurburgring race circuit, is as rewarding to drive as a supercar across some epic Welsh roads.

Tom Ford finds out if quad bikes are dangerous, as the high-profile crashes by people such as Ozzy Osbourne and Rik Mayall might lead us to believe. Now that road-legal quad bikes are available to buy, their sales are increasing. After participating in an official training course, Tom takes to the road and nearly comes a cropper at the first roundabout...

Finally, Tim Lovejoy chases criminals with the police’s Rapid Response Unit. As well as revealing new technology that lets a police computer scan the number plate of every vehicle that drives past a police car, Tim discovers there is still a place for oldfashioned policing techniques when they pull over a succession of suspicious drivers. He also gets some inside knowledge useful to every driver.

Fleischmann 10-07-2006 03:50 AM

Yay!! Go Lovejoy :roll:

gangajas 10-07-2006 04:26 AM

It looks insteresting.

dutchmasterflex 10-07-2006 11:59 PM

Hmm.. maybe they are saving their good bits for later episodes?

I really think they should just use Lovejoy as a punching-bag type jackass character where they basically use him as a crash dummy

crazidude 10-09-2006 01:46 AM

Ooo a mustang. That might be the first feature I download for this season's 5th gear.

TopGearNL 10-09-2006 09:58 AM

Even TG Star in a reasonably priced car is more interesting then this whole show :roll:

5.7 V10 10-09-2006 10:26 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the GT500, but the rest of the episode :|

paradizzy 10-10-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazidude
Ooo a mustang. That might be the first feature I download for this season's 5th gear.

I was thinking the same :D