Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   5th Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   New 5th Gear season on April 10th (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35575)

vexor 03-13-2006 06:01 AM

New 5th Gear season on April 10th

Season 9 just about one month away, hope it'll be a bit more interesting than the last season.

r2r 03-13-2006 06:03 AM

Re: New 5th Gear season on April 10th

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexor
...hope it'll be a bit more interesting than the last season.

Yeah me too :)

Daggernite 03-13-2006 06:07 AM

Its always good to have 5thgear to warm us up till Topgear airs. I also hope its more intresting, they should maybe have vikki in a bikini or summat, and stop with that fake feeling office they have.

nthfinity 03-13-2006 10:32 AM

i dont think last season was such a 'flop'!

they had some of the greatest reviews they've ever done! sure, some of the episodes were total crap... but not all of them, and some were damn near on-par with TG (F430 spyder review to be specific)

anyway, im looking forward to this season... and further improvments/budget ;)

Ghostbat 03-13-2006 10:56 AM

Very good news indeed. Thought I was gonna have to wait until TG started to see some decent Motor Tv..

Some really nice cars has hit the market since the last season so maybe some good revies ahead..

ARMAN 03-13-2006 10:57 AM

Last season was saved for me by M3E30 vid :) They need to switch people who write a script for them thou :? They was trying too hard to look "cool and fancy" imo.

yg60m 03-13-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
i dont think last season was such a 'flop'!

they had some of the greatest reviews they've ever done! sure, some of the episodes were total crap... but not all of them, and some were damn near on-par with TG (F430 spyder review to be specific)

anyway, im looking forward to this season... and further improvments/budget ;)

Same opinion here :wink: The last season was disappointed only compared with Top Gear but there were good bits. Thus, it's true that they could have done better tests of the M6 and some other cars :? but the Bentley, F430 and Gallardo SE were wonderfull !!
What I would like is Tiff or Jason driving the Carrera GT and the Veyron :P

martin100 03-13-2006 01:28 PM

Yes, 5th Gear has really gone downhill a lot, so i won´t get the full episodes anymore. I really hope they got some better features in the next series. But, lets face it, Top Gear simply can´t be beaten by any car show in the world anymore. They´re just SO much better and funnier :mrgreen:

Jabba 03-13-2006 07:49 PM

Well good or bad it will be on JW as usual within a few hours of the transmission ending.

nthfinity 03-13-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Can't wait to see Jon Bentley and his amazing reports again!! :P :lol: :wink:

LOL
oh no, not the scary man!.... seriously, he started to creep me out in some crash analysis crap or something about gps, or hidden security stumps... anyway, when he was talking in his SL55 AMG... [shivers] :spaz:

spanky 03-13-2006 09:25 PM

I've really liked their crash/information segments.

Car's Crashing at 60mph into each other.
Crashing People Movers into each other.
Crashing cars into Light poles.
Testing older cars air bags
Crashing a 4wd into a smaller car and stuff like that.

Its different to TG but really interesting...