Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Picture Links (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cool veyron video (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43806)

thepest 12-13-2006 12:27 PM

Cool veyron video

http://video.google.de/videoplay?doc...Bugatti+veyron

p.s. just look at those breaks :shock:

thepest 12-13-2006 12:29 PM

http://video.google.de/videoplay?doc...Bugatti+veyron

One more

Stoopie 12-13-2006 12:33 PM

damn :|

RC45 12-13-2006 12:34 PM

This video proves once and for all the Veyron is simply a rolling Computer System.

The Traction Control, Active Handling, Anti-lock Brakes, Torque Managment and who knows what other systems behind the scenes allow the driver to go like a he was on a PlayStation console in the wet.

It would no doubt be thrilling and adrinalin inducing and eye popping to drive the car, but the bottom line is, without the computer aids, the car would be a non-entity. ;)

gis 12-13-2006 12:39 PM

lol the passenger in the first video was funny,makin all those groans when he accelerated.

couple of cool vids those,i still wanna see a speedo shot of this car accelerating

Stoopie 12-13-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gis
lol the passenger in the first video was funny,makin all those groans when he accelerated.

couple of cool vids those,i still wanna see a speedo shot of this car accelerating

Offtopic: they used to do stuff with cotton in Lancashire :o

gis 12-13-2006 01:30 PM

^^^ lol explain please.with the vids of veyrons,an asian chick gettin excited at an animals huge nuts and clarkson doin sum crazy moves im quite confused what your on about with cotton and were i live,lol

yg60m 12-13-2006 01:51 PM

This is really an impressive monster and any 1000 bhp car without driving aids would be a non-entity :wink: as proved by the many crashes of Enzos and LP 640s wich are far from 1000 bhp.

sentra_dude 12-13-2006 01:53 PM

Fat, ugly, PIG! :P

So what's with the brakes, is that normal operating temp or were they running hot?

RC45 12-13-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yg60m
This is really an impressive monster and any 1000 bhp car without driving aids would be a non-entity :wink: as proved by the many crashes of Enzos and LP 640s wich are far from 1000 bhp.

Well, my buddy here in Houston has a Twin Turbo C5 Z06 with 980rwhp (1150bhp).. and trust me, it's far from a non-entity ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Fat, ugly, PIG! :P

So what's with the brakes, is that normal operating temp or were they running hot?

That's what happenes when you try stop a dump truck from 120mph ;)

TopGearNL 12-13-2006 02:33 PM

Still an impressive car, I despite it but respect it at the same time :wink:

harryo2b 12-13-2006 02:50 PM

Well without computers a lot of things couldn't operate at maximum ability, or could they....!?!?!

Shit most of the recent military fighters couldn't take off without crashing if it weren't for a computer to tell another computer which controls the computer that tells it to go up.

Seems the C6's uses computers for such stability management as well:

"Active Handling is an electronic symphony of Traction Control and antilock brakes working through microcomputers, accelerometers and stability sensors. While no system can overcome the laws of physics, Active Handling compares driver steering input with actual vehicle response. When necessary, it uses individual wheel brake application, the Traction Control System and available Magnetic Selective Ride Control to maximize the driver’s ability to maintain stability and stay on track."

PSM(Porsche's computer) has saved my ass at the 'Ring a time or three thinking I was something I am far from.

Just waiting for Judgement Day, when everything CPU will take over and wipe us out :mrgreen:

yg60m 12-13-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Originally Posted by yg60m

Well, my buddy here in Houston has a Twin Turbo C5 Z06 with 980rwhp (1150bhp).. and trust me, it's far from a non-entity ;)

Is it reliable ? I always wondered how these tuned cars evolve :?: How much miles did he put on it since tuned ?

RC45 12-13-2006 03:06 PM

What the engine? Sure.. the only bits on the super charged and turbo charged V8's that may be a "reliability" problem are the blower belts themselves and the actual turbo turbines... the rest is bullet proof ;)

RC45 12-13-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryo2b
Seems the C6's uses computers for such stability management as well:

"Active Handling is an electronic symphony of Traction Control and antilock brakes working through microcomputers, accelerometers and stability sensors. While no system can overcome the laws of physics, Active Handling compares driver steering input with actual vehicle response. When necessary, it uses individual wheel brake application, the Traction Control System and available Magnetic Selective Ride Control to maximize the driver’s ability to maintain stability and stay on track."

Nothing new.. the system has been around since 1997. The "Magnetic Ride Select" crap is for the Starbucks crowd.. and the most import piece of info though, is that the fastest lap times and 1/4 miles are set with the systems disabled ;) (that includes pulling the ABS fuse)

The Veyron is not a "drivers" car.. it is the physical embodiment of the PlayStation console ;)