Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   5th Gear : S9 EP6 : 15th May, 2006 - Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37051)

vexor 05-01-2006 04:08 AM

5th Gear : S9 EP6 : 15th May, 2006 - Discussion

Quote:

Jason Plato gives pop group Girls Aloud a driving lesson; Tiff Needell is in Italy driving the latest version of the Maserati Quattroporte; and Tom Ford helps out setting a new world record for the most number of cars doing 'donuts' simultaneously.

No.1 05-01-2006 04:57 AM

Girls Aloud = Extremely Hot :twisted:

Masser Quattroporte = Extremely Hot :twisted:

yg60m 05-01-2006 04:58 AM

Quattroporte :love: Thanks for giving us these infos vexor :wink:

McLaren4eVa 05-06-2006 12:56 PM

Girls Aloud - Cheryl Tweedy - Super Duper Hot. Jason's one lucky bastard.

SilviaEvo 05-06-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Girls Aloud = Extremely Hot :twisted:

Masser Quattroporte = Extremely Hot :twisted:

"Tom Ford helping out setting a new world record for the most number of cars doing 'donuts' simultaneously" = Extremely Boring :sleeping: :morning:

(even with Tom Ford I'm afraid)

reminds me of that one TG episode with the consecutive rolling

Air 05-09-2006 06:45 PM

Please I want this video, someone upload.

fsandys 05-09-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Girls Aloud - Cheryl Tweedy - Super Duper Hot. Jason's one lucky bastard.

Lol, nah i've seen better, its good too see an example of some highly skilled driving from the pop stars :roll: I do feel like cringing when she rams that 355 into the people carrier :(

coloradosilver 05-09-2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air
Please I want this video, someone upload.

It doesn't exist yet. You'll have to wait till next week.

draak666 05-10-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
"Tom Ford helping out setting a new world record for the most number of cars doing 'donuts' simultaneously" = Extremely Boring :sleeping: :morning:

(even with Tom Ford I'm afraid)

I agree. Just as boring as Jason doing 250km/h in the Audi. :roll:

Plato with the girls should be a nice watch, though. :P

vexor 05-12-2006 07:13 PM

Detailed info from Fifth Gear website

Quote:

Girls Aloud hit the road

We've got a very special edition of Fifth Gear next week as pop group Girls Aloud are given a masterclass in driving supercars on a racing circuit by Jason Plato.

The girls all love cars, and jumped at the opportunity of getting to play with a 180mph Porsche 911 and Ferrari 355 at Silverstone.

After Jason finds out what each girl drives, he then shows them what a car is really capable of in the hands of a professional racing driver, as he skids and slides them round in a tyre-smoking tour de force (forgive the swearing, they didn't know what had hit 'em...).

As a final treat speed freak Sarah Harding was given the opportunity of driving a Ferrari 355 race car. Overwhelmed with excitement, she got a little carried away and unfortunately managed to crash before even leaving the car park. All will be revealed in a dramatic climax to the programme.
Quote:

Premium advice on car insurance
Jon Bentley does some digging to find out if we can insure our 17 year old with a £30 car for less than his current £1,300 premium. Jon has a look at some of the insurance tricks and tips that could save a small fortune on the cost of insurance.
Quote:

Maserati Quattroporte
Tiff Needell is in Italy driving the latest version of the Maserati Quattroporte, the car owned by Bono of U2. It's the most exclusive executive car, with just 170 sold in the UK. It's got the best design, it's got the best engine, a 4.2 litre V8 with strong links to Ferrari and it's the quickest, with 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. But when Tiff gets his hands on the Sport GT all he seems to be worried about is the gearbox...
Quote:

Do what? World record donut competition
Tom Ford helps out setting a spectacular new world record for the most number of cars doing donuts simultaneously. With the UK's top drift cars and their owners taking part, it could be a glorious triumph of delicate car control - or a 22 car pirouetting pile-up. When one donut goes a bit wrong, Tom's toes get driven over and he's sent writhing to the ground in pain - unmissable!

crayzayjay 05-16-2006 05:35 PM

Actually i really enjoyed that episode... it was great to see Plato drifting the 911 and the girls aloud feature was generally good viewing. That Jon Bentley guy needs to get lost though...

spanky 05-17-2006 02:51 AM

I agree the burnout thing was a little boring...

A bunch of hot chicks helps fix it though hehehe
Running straight into a parked van in a Ferrari is something you wont be able to live down for years and years. :lol: