Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Top Gear GTR versus Audi R8 (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53710)

graywolf624 12-29-2007 07:24 PM

Top Gear GTR versus Audi R8

http://www.tacticalcenter.net/GT-R/t...gtr_vs_r8.html

Dont miss the stigs karate kick or the suprise.. and head scratching... result..

r8 is the car with soul....:mrgreen:

yg60m 12-30-2007 04:04 AM

LOL, very nice kick :thumbup: Thanks for posting mate :-)

nthfinity 12-30-2007 04:06 AM

It was a nice article to read, and that drop kick... I think we all know who the Stig really is now, its Jackey Chan!!

styla21 12-30-2007 07:38 AM

I'm guessing this is the stig's shorter japanese distant cousin??

Svensson 12-30-2007 08:28 AM

Just like I said in the other GT-R topic, the Nissan is like a low budget mini version of the Veyron. Mad acceleration from every gear at any revs, hardly interrupted by lightning fast DSG shifts, crazy cornering grip and just the effortlessness with which it does everything.

pagani 12-30-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svensson (Post 810953)
Just like I said in the other GT-R topic, the Nissan is like a low budget mini version of the Veyron. Mad acceleration from every gear at any revs, hardly interrupted by lightning fast DSG shifts, crazy cornering grip and just the effortlessness with which it does everything.

That is why i would take any over the audi r8

sentra_dude 12-30-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by styla21 (Post 810944)
I'm guessing this is the stig's japanese distant cousin??

I can't see how the GTR is "much, much quicker" than the R8 - perhaps it's my scepticism of Japanese media when reviewing Japanese cars and their biased reviews??

Since when is Top Gear part of the Japanese media?

nthfinity 12-30-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentra_dude (Post 810966)
Since when is Top Gear part of the Japanese media?

when reading the article, it seems pretty consistent that they are using a local "stig" .... and that this stig is shorter then UK stig, or african stig ;)

ferrarif1fan89 12-30-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 810972)
when reading the article, it seems pretty consistent that they are using a local "stig" .... and that this stig is shorter then UK stig, or african stig ;)

Or American stig.....

nthfinity 12-30-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89 (Post 810982)
Or American stig.....

exactly

SnakeBitten 12-30-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by styla21 (Post 810944)
I'm guessing this is the stig's japanese distant cousin??

I can't see how the GTR is "much, much quicker" than the R8 - perhaps it's my scepticism of Japanese media when reviewing Japanese cars and their biased reviews??

Teh GTR traps in the 120's and hits 190+ flat out...I dont think the R8 steps to those kind of numbers...I know where you aer coming from with the Japanese bias as can be seen in some BM videos...I still remember a vid of a WRX STi beating a Z06 around one of there courses...The Z06 driver took the worst lines around the track and it couldnt even out accelerate the WRX STi on the straights...lol...

Good article overall but until that paragraph about soul it sounded like a GTR rout....I was shocked at the R8 being the winner after all the superlatives...I mean the GTR and Veyron were seriously mentioned in the same sentence and it still lost....Cant say I agree with the results but I kinda understand it....Teh R8 is more rewarding to the driver...But in my humble opinion that shouldnt have been enough to upturn what was percieved to be a GTR walk over...

HeilSvenska 12-30-2007 04:42 PM

Ahhh! I haven't got my TG COTY issue! I can't read this yet!