PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Personal Webspace!

No.1
04-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Please can somebody help me....

I have 55MB of freewebspace at ntlworld.com (NTL is an ISP in the UK) and i want to upload stuff like vidz and pics to it. I know the address of my webspace, i just need a program to help me to upload to this location... free software d/loads is preferential. NTL haven't helped me that much, all i want to do is to host a few files on the webspace. :?

I really would appreciate a step bys tep guide to uploading these files, and if you have NTL yourself that would be even better.

I am only asking you guys at JW because i know that you do a lot of hosting yourself. So if you have an :idea: as to how to do this quickly without any hassle. This is not a major operation, i just want to do basic uploads to my site, nothing fancy.

TT
04-15-2004, 11:47 AM
I suppose you have FTP access.. in that case just download an FTP client like SmartFTP or ws_ftp. it's very easy to upload stuff with them :)

DeMoN
04-15-2004, 12:16 PM
I use ws_ftp myself, there is a free "student" version which I use. All you kneed to oknow is...

HOST: ftp.ntlworld.com (it must be this but may not be)
USER: your_user_name
PASS: your_pass_word
PORT: 21 (default for FTP, so unless you are told by your ISP, dont change it)

simply then hit connect on the ftp manager of your choise.

No.1
04-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks, i'm going to try these suggestions now.

Fingers crossed :wink:

DeMoN
04-15-2004, 05:31 PM
let me know what happens, I can tryout and help more if possible.

No.1
04-15-2004, 06:59 PM
It sorted now.

Thanks a lot.

I ended up using SmartFTP.

NTL didn't provide a decent tutorial on how to even use the space, so i was pretty much on my own with this.

BTW - Big thanks to DeMoN: I d/loaded Gumball 3000 off you and i want to say Thanks. I really enjoyed it. The movie was great.. keep on posting/hosting those videos :D

DeMoN
04-15-2004, 07:15 PM
no pbrobs! ill keep posting as long as I keep getting people to upload =)