PDA

View Full Version : I need help with connecting tv with my comp

ben
02-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I don't know how i can hook up my sattelite to my tv so i can "Borrow" stuff off Tv. i know that i can get an all in wonder ati, but i was wondering if there was a cheaper way.

zevolv
02-07-2004, 03:22 PM
not really but there are alternative connections yes

this might help: http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3323643,00.html

Also use the search on the site you can find tons of possibilities

crazidude
02-07-2004, 03:35 PM
You can get one of those TV tuner cards. Cheaper than an AIW, but I don't know how well they work.

ben
02-09-2004, 02:17 AM
ic but what cable do i use with a tv tuner an s video or a component or can i use a uhf

AlienDB7
02-09-2004, 02:26 AM
ic but what cable do i use with a tv tuner an s video or a component or can i use a uhf
That depends on what capture card you have and what connection you have on your satellite receiver. Component input is pretty rare in low end capture cards so most likely you'll be connecting using s-video. Since you're using a receiver, you don't even need a tv tuner. Just get any capture card with video-in and you can connect the sound directly to your soundcard.

02-09-2004, 05:28 AM
S-video connector gives a slightly better picture quality over component although i haven't noticed any difference. Scart connector have the best quality i think.

As for the sound you connect the cable directly into your sound card (same place where u connect your pc speakers).

The cables usually come with the Tuner. I have a RADEON 64MB With TV-Out and both svideo and compsite came with it.

gigdy
02-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Actually component is the best and I dont know of any cards with that input. S-video is the second best then theres cable and composite. If your encoding from an HD source you should use s-video but i dont think youd notice a diff otherwise. Also pci tvtuner cards are a pretty bad choice. Im running a ati 9600 aiw and i just use cable tv in and can notice just a little quality loss.

keeba17
02-11-2004, 09:38 AM
don't you just need a video card with video in, and a video capture program like ulead videostudia?