PDA

View Full Version : Datsun 510 Rotary power anyone?

novass
07-17-2003, 07:37 AM
I found this online. if you like the cars you should like this one. I might buy one i saw in the paper this sunday. It has no motor or tranny, straight body for $500. The only thing i dont know is if it is a 2 door or not. If its a 2-door im gonna buy it and proceed to make it look similar to this one only with a all-aluminum LS1 in it. I need a race car!!!

pics here http://www.bryanf.com/mycars/yf/index.htm

EDIT: the pics I posted were enormous. screen got all wacky so I took them off.

666fast
07-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Awesome, 510's are one of the coolest cars ever. Did you know they might make a comeback?

Nissan is supposedly thinking of reviving the Datsun name with a small, rear wheel drive car. A guy at another forum I visit knows his stuff and knows a lot of people in the car business. So, I believe the rumor, it came from him. Ever hear iof Hyperfest? He runs it.

I hope it becomes a fact. 510's would be an instant hot seller.

novass
07-18-2003, 05:07 AM
i hope thats true too. i love the shape of the car and when they are set-up right they can be awesome cars. im trying to get one but 510 owners dont like to sell them. i hope they make a new one

Kilalee
07-21-2003, 07:37 AM
Nice Classic, love those cars!

666fast
07-21-2003, 02:23 PM
i hope thats true too. i love the shape of the car and when they are set-up right they can be awesome cars. im trying to get one but 510 owners dont like to sell them. i hope they make a new one

I wish I could get my hands on one as well. I don't think there is one in all of Minnesota!
Although, i wouldn't mind going to California for one. It could be fun, fly to Cali, stay a few days and party all over town. Drive home. Sounds fun.

novass
07-22-2003, 05:11 AM
Fly on down, ill show you around LA. Only hard part would be finding a 510 for sale that would make it back LOL. Only one ive seen in the past week had no engine or tranny. I was gonna buy it but its a 4 door.

I went with a friend of mine a few years back to Kentucky to pick up a Cyclone and drove it back with him. That was a fun trip. 2 speeding tickets on the way back :D :D good times...