PDA

View Full Version : top gear lap, bugatty Veyron ?????????????

yugo
12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
- F1 renault r25 0.59
- Bugatty veyron ????????
- Zonda F 1.18.4
- Maserati Mc12 1.18.9
- Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0

i think that time will be 1.11 seconds. do you think?

Ghostbat
12-12-2005, 09:39 AM
I think your prediction is way too optimistic.

dingo
12-12-2005, 09:44 AM
No f*cken way will it be 7secs faster around that track than a Zonda F - the thing weighs more than 2 tonnes for heavens sake.

Maybe over a standing 5mile straight it would manage it... :P

Fleischmann
12-12-2005, 09:51 AM
It's too heavy, the Top gear track is mostly focused on cornering rather than top end speed. I think it will be amongst the fastest cars, but probably not 1rst.

5vz-fe
12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
1:20 is my bet <---- partly becoz I haven't seen it in the corners

yg60m
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
lol, 7 seconds too a Zonda or an Enzo !!! :lol: I think you dream, I am not sure it would beat them, maybe on Top Gear's track because there are not a lot of right-left corners that would handicap it because of its weight ... :?:

callen
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
i predict less than 1 second faster than the Zonda... as long as the stiggy can keep those 4 turbos in the boost that is 8)

stmoritzer
12-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I guess the Veyron will beat the ZondaF since the acceleration and breaking performance is awesome, but the car is much heavier --> very close shootout IMO

yugo
12-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Enzo: 3,5 0-100
9,5 0-200

veyron: 2,5 0-100
7,3 0-200

The diferent is very big, 1 second to a 100 kph and until 2 to 200 kph. I am sure that under 6 or 7 seconds to enzo. This is teory, but the veyron can very bad in the curves.

komotar
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I say it will do a low 1,17, maybe a 1,17'4

saadie
12-12-2005, 02:39 PM
just a thought ... .
maybe stig did the lap .. and the difference was soo big that nothing would ever beat it .. maybe thats why they didnt show it ... because there would be no competition if they placed the time on the top .... maybe they'll show the lap in the last episode ....

alryt .. my guess is veyron would be a whole 3 seconds or more quicker then the zonda f .... even if it goes down to 60-70 in the corners .. the accleration out of the corners will be emence ... :roll:

5vz-fe
12-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Enzo: 3,5 0-100
9,5 0-200

veyron: 2,5 0-100
7,3 0-200

The diferent is very big, 1 second to a 100 kph and until 2 to 200 kph. I am sure that under 6 or 7 seconds to enzo. This is teory, but the veyron can very bad in the curves.

The faster you go on the straights, the more time u have to ride on the brakes for the corner.....and at the end the gain may not be that much on a tight circuit like that. I am not saying that the brakes on the Veyron is bad, it's just that it can't be much better than that of the Enzo. So 6, 7 seconds is definitely NOT possible.

(gee, I am coming out with such big words, I hope I don't need to eat them later LOL)

nthfinity
12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
i would say that every bit the car looses in the corners, it definately makes up for rather quickly once the straights happen...

if they were to show the car at every corner, and 0 straights... i have a feeling it would be fairly behind at hamerhead... but i think she'll get the top spot bo a significant margin because of that rediculous power, and humungous brakes (and TG's reletively short track)!

my prediction:
1.6-2.0 seconds based on the look of the track map...loosing the most time at hammer head, and the followthrough.

that will be staggering

5vz-fe
12-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Instead of guessing the laptime, I think we should guess the trap speed. Since Clarkson love the car so much I am sure he gonna tell us the trap speed.

nthfinity
12-12-2005, 03:44 PM
to me, there is no way the veyron could keep up with a CGT/Enzo/Zonda on a real track, and definately not on NS (then again, the enzo cant do the karrousel.. and loses 2 seconds automatically)

jorge
12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
I think 1.11 is too optimistic, but IMO the Veyron will be faster than everything else :|

martin100
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
I think it could do 1:15 ot 1:16 easily, maby even better.

RAMMIUS
12-13-2005, 04:16 AM
Or maybe they didn`t put the lap time because the Veyron didn`t manage to break Zonda`s time :?

Just think about it , you have the worlds most powerfull bla bla bla car , the temptation would be enourms to see what it can do on the track :wink:

JoeHahn
12-13-2005, 04:44 AM
It's too heavy, the Top gear track is mostly focused on cornering rather than top end speed. I think it will be amongst the fastest cars, but probably not 1rst.

I can't believe that when a Ford GT manages a better time than a GT3RS and a 360 Stradale - you cant tell me the Ford is a better handler :wink:

A couple of heavy cars have made it into the top couple (SLR, Murcielago, Ford GT) so I wouldnt be surprised the Veyron blows away the competition. Im with Komotar, probably about a second on the Zonda.

Cheeky Cockney
12-15-2005, 12:19 AM
There bound to put a time up for it.

Remember the Merc CL65, they didn't put up a time for that straight away, we had to wait 2 episode's for that one, and that car's time wasn't as good as the team foght it might have been.

So even if the Veyron didn't beat the Zonda F's time, im confident that there will be one.

There was a veyron in the studio wasn't there!, im guessing it did the lap on that day and the editiing foooage wasn't done.

About the cars time, im pretty sure it could go to the very top.

DeMoN
12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
I was having a discussion about this with my friend. Being that it weighs over 2 tons, I dont think it can beat the Zonda.

While we are on this subject, is it now 100% certain that it will do a 0-60 of 2.5? I cant, to this day, believe it can.

911GT1
12-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Assuming all the conditions are met, I think it can do 0-60 in 2.5sec. But in the hand of a regular joe, more like 3sec flat.

KramRS2
12-16-2005, 10:07 AM
I am sure it can.

See this: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34489

nthfinity
12-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Assuming all the conditions are met, I think it can do 0-60 in 2.5sec. But in the hand of a regular joe, more like 3sec flat.

in the Mitsu-evo, and WRX STi... the fastest ways to 60mph is full throttle clutch drop...

I'd assume the Veyrons AWD system is designed to repeat its launch quite some times (mabey 20-50?) exactly the same with all of the veyrons automation.

martin100
12-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Look at the launch video and you will believe it can do 2.5 sec to 60 thanks to it´s very own launch control.

DeMoN
12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Well then I'd love to experience 2.5! Thats the fastest 0-60 right?

Gilles27
12-17-2005, 08:46 AM
In the same page at Autodrome Cannes where they noticed the Zonda F lap appears this fragment of test. I want to know what is talking about. Well I extract some words that catch my eye.
Veyron + Top Gear track + Mansell !! :P
Please any french speaker here!!

A noter que l'émission suivante présentait la Veyron sur un long essai depuis l'Italie jusqu'à Londres en passant par la France et la Suisse. Etrangement, la Veyron n'a pas été chronométrée sur la piste de Top Gear ... Pourtant, l'ancien Champion de F1 Nigel Mansell était l'invité de la semaine, une bonne occasion de chronométrer la voiture. Mais le seul chrono que Mansell effectua fut au volant d'une auto de tourisme. Ainsi les commentaires se limitèrent aux chiffres fournis par VW. Pas de mesure de vitesse de pointe ni d'accélération... Vraiment surprenant, pour ne pas dire révélateur.

Darkel
12-18-2005, 03:24 PM
That Babelfish translation is quite OK for once :)

Quite weird, especially when you remember their Enzo review (they had to wait years to got one but tested it properly), VAG probably didn't agree as expected ...

Well, we'll have to wait one more week to be sure, if the car was actually tested I don't think Mansell was at the wheel (what about the Stig who drove every single car they had then)

crayzayjay
12-19-2005, 07:48 AM
It's official. The Veyron did not lap the TG test track.

From yesterday's Sunday Times Driving section:

Bugatti that ran on empty

Viewers of Top Gear last weekend may have wondered why the Stig did not put the Bugatti Veyron through its paces. With a top speed of 252mph, it could have set a new record for the TG track.
Unfortunately the model featured on the show wasnt quite so nippy. The £800,000 supercars are so hard to come by, the producers had to make do with a dummy model.

Underneath its much-admired exterior was nothing but, er, hot air.
"We couldnt get a real one for the show", admitted Jeremy Clarkson. "But we hope to get the Stig to test one on the TG track in the spring."
Of course the Veyron that Clarkson raced across France, against his fellow presenters in a plane, was for real.

Anonymous
12-19-2005, 08:51 AM
bugger, still something to look forward too in the new season in May :D

numerouno
12-20-2005, 04:57 AM
vast power advantage over competitors but overweight; so i'd say a 1,17ish figure at its best.
would be waiting for spring! :)

Kiran
12-20-2005, 08:11 AM
1 min 20,8
it's just too heavy

Evil-ution
12-20-2005, 11:46 AM
common guys weight has nothing to do with its time!! plus the car doens't weigh over 2 tonns it weighs 1,890 kg. if u think about it somtimes weight is an advanteg for the car i bit if the veyron weighed 1100 kg or somthing like that u would see the rear spoiler @ the end of it 5 times bigger, and the nose of the car will be twice as wider!!!

look @ the bright side! the bugatti lacks NOTHING simply NOTHING! its exellent in braking i always thought that there will never be somthing that brakes better then the Zonda F but now this thing brakes from 250mph to 0 in 10 seconds only! while it takes the CGT 15 seconds to brake from 200mph!! so its perfect when it comes to braking!

when it comes to acceleration oh boy don't even mention the 2 words Zonda or Enzo, so its perfect in acceleration too!

we all know that jeremy adores the lotus elise, and we know its one of the best if not the best handling car in the world, and jeremy in the episode said that the bugattis handling is similar to the lotus elise (am sure he is exaturating but he means it handles very well). stabiilty? the car is soo stable even the CEO of bugatti said they could make it reach higher speeds but they didn't want to.

so whats wrong about the car? nothing! its fast, brakes very well, handles very well, the car is stable.. so i say it will difintly be the fastest car on topgear. u can see the straight line with a curve to the left then the right (not tough 1s tho) the bugatti will give all wat it have in that peice of straight road..

jeremy even said that the bugatti will beat a mclaren F1 in acceleration if the F1 passed the start line with a speed of 120mph the bugatti will beat it to 200! thats so savage!

am not saying it will be that fast am guessing a 15, but i think it will be really really fast and it will record a time that no1 thought of..
its my opinion @ the end who knows wat will happen.. :)

5vz-fe
12-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't think it will out brake a CGT if the speed is below 100mph. @ high speed, aerodynamic drag plays a huge role, this is where the huge wing and all the aero parts of the veyron excels, but when it comes to mechanical braking.....you can not cheat physics, the lighter weight car has less energy to disipate thus should stop faster.

The Veyron lap the NS in 7:40....that shows penalties in the corners when compared to a CGT / Zonda F.

minan
12-30-2005, 09:31 AM
in the top gear magazine, there was an article of gordon murray, the creator of the mclaren f1, he drove the veyron and said the car was surprisely very good in cornering at a track, the steering was heavy but he could throw the car into corners at high speed without losing grip and control. he reckoned the car was more suitable for a track than for the normal roads, so maybe the veyron could be faster than the zonda, much faster

graywolf624
12-30-2005, 11:12 AM
^^Quite Ironic when you go back and read some of Clarksons past articles.. He use to bash the Corvettes to no end because they had grip but didnt cope well with real world roads.... (Yes I just got done reading his Im not consistant article in the january issue)