PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar X150

philios55
07-15-2004, 05:13 AM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/8167_image.jpg
These are the first spy pictures of the new Jaguar aluminium-bodied sports coupe that will replace the current XK Series in 2006. The new coupe and convertible models are expected to debut in autumn 2005, or early in 2006 as 2006 models.

Codenamed X150, the completely redesigned 2+2-seaters are based on the drivetrain, platform, and rivet-bonded aluminum body design of the latest XJ Series sedans. As a result, the first prototype shown here hides its new XK internals under a cut-and-shut Jaguar XJ body.

The new chassis will in fact have a wheelbase that's ten inches shorter than the XJ. The wide track and lack of rear doors are the best clues to the new XK's identity. While it's difficult to draw any firm conclusions on the exterior styling of the new XK, the proportions of this first prototype are representative. The computer-generated illustration accompanying the spy shots is an interpretation of how the X150 may develop, based on concepts shown by Jaguar, such as the R-D6 concept and the F-Type. There is no confirmation that the "fake" rear doors on the prototype indicate a set of rear-hinged doors for the new sports car.

Earlier this year, Jaguar confirmed the X150 project and announced that it will be built along with the XJ in its Browns Lane factory in Coventry, U.K. The normally aspirated (XK) and supercharged (XKR) V-8 engines and a six-speed ZF automatic transmission will be adapted from the XJ saloon cars, but specially tuned for duty in the

Xploded
07-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Im not to big of a fan of that design, but as this is just a computer generated image im sure Jag will have it looking right when its released he he :D

By the way thanks for the info and every thing, great work.

Best Regards - Xploded

HeilSvenska
07-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Nah. Jag won't go that way again. it must have learn the mistake from making S-type looking like that. That's just "what if" version of the R-Coupe concept

mindgam3
07-15-2004, 11:26 AM
hmmm they've rolled out about 5 concepts "recently" for their new sportscar but haven't gone any further on any of them. The XK180 was one of the first, if not the first concept for this particular car and its been their best, they should've produced it....

http://www.fast-autos.net/jaguar/xk1802.jpg

brian
07-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I'd drive it. 8)

X-ale
07-15-2004, 01:27 PM
this is just a computer generated image

Huh, what makes you think that's a render?

blah
07-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I like it. The S-Type does well over here in america. Ive seen alot of S-Type Rs actually. All the magazines like it too.

Ziploc
07-15-2004, 04:33 PM
looks phake photoshop to me

fabro_s
07-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Dont like the design, hope Jag makes a better job!!

noliebro
07-15-2004, 06:05 PM
They should have produced the XK180, that car is beautiful and it was amazing when it was driven on fifth gear

Vansquish
07-15-2004, 09:47 PM
this is just a computer generated image

Huh, what makes you think that's a render?

It's easy enough to see if you look hard enough. The headlamps and grille are straight of an S-type R, the wheels are also from that vehicle, and if you look, the front wheel doesn't actually fit into the wheel-well and the line of demarkation between the tire and the bodywork is obviously PSed. The front fascia is similarly contorted and the coloration and reflections on it are pretty well smeared so it's somewhat noticeable. The air outlet behind the front wheel looks tacked on, and the shape of the roof...well, let me put it this way, the car is a Jaguar S-type R that has been photoshopped to remove the second door (keeps the shape of the rear window area though) and resizes some key body areas and styling details. The mirrors also come from a current production Jag. Definetely a render, and definetely not what I hope Jag produces...they can do much better.

Xploded
07-15-2004, 10:30 PM
I was about to say some of that but already been said any ways.

Yes that X180 was a fantastic car, just love the hole look to it.

But I hope Jag goes in the right direction with there design for this car, and dont make it fugly ha ha :D :D :D

oantob
07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
I like the xk180 design...looks classic, compare to that X150 that looks like s type from the front... :?

ahmedgiyab
07-16-2004, 03:14 PM
the X150 would look better with a X-type front-end.... :wink:

rachaderua
07-18-2004, 08:09 PM
baaaaad photoshop the first one...urrghh :roll: