PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Emulator

digo
05-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Someone know an ps2 emulator? that i can play ps2 games in the computer?
Thankes :o

midax
05-15-2004, 09:38 AM
there aren't working emulators for ps2 at the moment...
the most "advanced" is the pcsx2 (http://www.pcsx2.net) but it is only capable to run some demos or the initial screen of few commercial games.

So, for now, you had to wait (and me too :twisted: ). Sorry :mrgreen:

TT
05-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Well, a PS2 costs now basically nothing (I suppose around 150 USD)... that's the price of 2 games :D and the PS3 is still not that close so I call it a deal :D and you will avoid to mess up your PC ;)

Jabba
05-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I think he prob wants to play pirated games that he download off the net....still even a chipped PS2 is very cheap as you say...and is always going to obvisouly work alot better than an emulator.

TT
05-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes obviously it's always considered wrong to pay for something :D

Anonymous
05-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I thought about an emulator when my ps2 packed up but they are all still very early in development and even the playstaton emulators i have tried wern't that reliable so i'm just gonna put some of my left over student loan or money i earn this summer towards a new PS2 with GT4 when it comes out it looks awesome :D 8)

BTW i hope the problem with the disc drive i had is now fixed mine only lasted about 18 months :?

Kz
05-15-2004, 10:11 AM
PS2 is never a wrong choice! go buy one today! :mrgreen:

digo
05-15-2004, 10:21 AM
OK Thanjes GUys Abiut the information :D

Fleischmann
05-15-2004, 10:26 AM
The only thing stopping me from buying a PS2 is the ridiculous price of the games.

digo
05-15-2004, 10:39 AM
You Can buy a cheep and download the games from the net and burn them...

Jabba
05-15-2004, 10:40 AM

Told ya thats what he was trying to do .

Anonymous
05-15-2004, 10:56 AM

Told ya thats what he was trying to do .

Well worked out detective Jabba :lol: I take it digo means downloads via filesharing as i would imagine the files would be big and also any actual site offering them probably wouldn't last long. Personally even though i have a dvd burner i'd rather just pay for a PS2, games aren't that expensive at around £30 a pop from Argos and if you have loads of pirated games you never actually play on many of them in my expierience with a chipped PS1 I had almost to many to choose from.

TT
05-15-2004, 10:59 AM
VG may cost a lot, but well, if you can't afford ALL of them, you just buy the top ones... the really worth ones... IMO the cost is not outrageous... and as always, if nobody would buy them, there would be no videogame produces if not the ones like Netkar and other private projects...

No.1
05-15-2004, 11:19 AM
BTW i hope the problem with the disc drive i had is now fixed mine only lasted about 18 months :?

I think they have upgraded the Drive in all PS2s so that it runs quieter, but i have never heard of the drive breaking... They upgraded at the same time the Satin Silver PS2 was released so i am guessing they will have addressed any reliability issues... of cours, your problem may ahve been an isolated incident, so don't let that deter you from buying one to play on GT4... the game is worth the £140 on its own :wink:

Anonymous
05-15-2004, 12:06 PM

I think they have upgraded the Drive in all PS2s so that it runs quieter, but i have never heard of the drive breaking... They upgraded at the same time the Satin Silver PS2 was released so i am guessing they will have addressed any reliability issues... of cours, your problem may ahve been an isolated incident, so don't let that deter you from buying one to play on GT4... the game is worth the £140 on its own :wink:

I think it was a common problem with the laser/ disc drive in early PS2's it should have been fixable by following one of the numerous guides on the net but it didn't work for me :( so i decided to just get a new one when GT4 finally comes out- i'm guessing christmas as that = maximum profit :wink: :D

No.1
05-15-2004, 12:21 PM
^^^ true... prices fall loads before the holiday season

I can't wait for the game :twisted:

Kz
05-15-2004, 10:35 PM
i agree wit jabba

Erez
05-16-2004, 07:31 AM
well.. i have PS2 (no chip..) but i can see his point.. and here a PS2 game (a new game!) cost around 90 EU!! thats just fucked up.. lol.. i have no idea why i dont chip up my PS2.. i'm too lazy to go and look.. and.. :lol:

digo
05-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Well the only idea i think of is to buy ps2 and cheep beacuse without the cheep the games are too exspensive and then you can download from the net all the games that you womt.. and i can sure that all the games of ps2 are in the net :lol:

crazidude
05-16-2004, 06:12 PM
You don't need a mod chip to play burned games. There's some guides online about it. I think all you needed to do was get a Game shark, and download some crack for the game before you burn it.

Chaos in 1983!
05-17-2004, 12:31 PM
yes indeed there are ways of playing "backup games" as people call them without chipping them...but it requires swap discs and such...

Here´s what I think...I really don´t want to get jumped on for this...but I modded my PS2 like three weeks ago...I know some people don´t like this and I know it´s wrong...but like Erez said...a new game here costs around 80-90 USD(that´s a shitload of money here)...and I really can´t give that much money for just a game...I can buy them in the states, but I depend on family members that travel to bring them here...

Don´t get me wrong...I have my share of genuine games, 10 of them to be exact...and that´s in a long period of time, I only buy a new game when I finnish the previous... I will still buy genuine games...the ones that are really good...kinda like with Music CDs...so for now I´ll stick to buy only the games that are really worth it...

RC45
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Ebay and Used games... try it... way easier in the long run...

crazidude
05-17-2004, 07:05 PM
ok here's the way that you can do this without the mod chip. I ripped this off some thread on suprnova.org so whoever wrote it the credits go to him/her.

In this guide, you will learn the very easy method of making copies of your PS2 and normal Playstation games so that they are playable on the PS2. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to burn PS2 games.

You will need the following things to burn PS2 games:

-a computer with a cdburner

-a blank cd-r (don’t use the re-recordable type a.k.a. cd-rw)

-CDRWIN – The version in this guide is 3.8D

-FireBurner –

-PS2 patcher –

-GameShark 2 for PS2

-the GameShark 2 is available at most storres that sell video games,

a few examples would be Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target. You

want version 1.0 of the GameShark 2. I have heard that all other

versions work, but I have only tested version 1.0. GameShark2

costs about 29.95. Believe me, its worth it!!!

-and a PS2 to play the games.

Burning the PS2

The process of burning ps2 games is easy. It is really only a 3 step process.(read

the game, patch the game, and burn the game.)

1) insert game into cd drive.

2) Open up CDRWIN and click on the extract disk/tracks/sectors button.

3) Your settings should be as follows:

For “extract mode” select disk image/ cue sheet

For “read options” select “raw”

For “error recovery” select “abort”

For “jitter correction” select “auto”

For “subcode analysis” select “auto”

Data Speed and Audio Speed should be the same

For “read retry count” type 0

For “subcode threshold” type 300

Make sure you selected the drive that your PS2 game is in

Make sure you typed in the file name (just type the name of the game) and

Check the directory that you’re putting your file in.

Then just press “start”

If you get an error in the middle of reading the disk that says something like “can’t read sections xxxx-xxxxx of disk”, it is becase the disk is scratched and CDRWIN can’t read it. Try to clean the disk, if that doesn’t work you just have to use a different game (a different copy of the same game)

4) Once CDRWIN is done, click ok and then exit CDRWIN. Open up the

PS2 patcher, select the game file you just created and patch it (make

sure you select the “RAW” option.

4) Close the PS2 patcher, next open up Fireburner. Click on the visual

cue burner button. When you created your .bin file (the game file) in

CDRWIN, a .cue file should have automaticly been created. In that

case, drag and drop the .cue file into the Fireburner window. If the

.cue file was not created, just drag and drop the .bin file into the

Fireburner window. After you have done that, right click (click with

the right side button on your mouse) on your file in the Fireburner

window, and select “Burn/Test burn”.

5) In the options window that appears, select your cdwriter, select your

write speed(doesn’t really matter), and make sure you select “Track at

once (TOA) for the recording method. As for the options on the right side of the options window, make sure only the following are checked:

“eject cd” and “close session”. When you have selected the options, click ok and your PS2 game will burn. That’s all you have to do to burn a game.

Burning a Playstion (PSone) game

1) If you want, you can spend 5 minutes using the same method as above

to burn your playstation game, but its not necessary. For a playstation game (not PS2) all you need to do is use a program that lets you make an “exact copy” or a “backup disk (CDRWIN)” You don’t need any selected options, you just need to start the game on the PS2 the same way you would a PS2 game.

Starting the game on you PS2

1) Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times)

This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4

times, it’s supper easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2(not a big deal, it can snap on and off).

2) Now insert your gameshark 2 cd(make sure the gameshark memory

card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn’t matter which one.)

3) In the gameshark options, choose “start game”, then “without”. Your screen should read “Please insert game disk then press X to continue.”

4) Now this part can be trickey for beginners, so I will provide pictures

-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and

swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2

knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2!!!

-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.

5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned

game.

5) Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don’t press the

eject button).

6) Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its

origional position). To do this you get a strong papper clip(needs to be a strong one) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.

7) If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing

else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controler and watch as your burned game loads. ( It may load slower than an original game, depending on the cd-r you are using, I use Verbatim cd-r’s and have no problems.)

Erez
05-17-2004, 07:12 PM
i dont know.. first thing i only use cash.. #2.. shipping here alone would cost like $20.. ;) but i have a pack of games.. and you know what i dont even have time\will to play them.. lol.. still only like 60% in GT3 (the zonda race is a bitch!).. so.. i dont buy shit any more.. well after GT4.. ;) :lol:
and BTW... a chip here will cost you around $120..

digo
05-18-2004, 09:07 AM
crazidude - Thankes A lot about the information, it helping alot. now i run to buy a ps2.

RC45
05-18-2004, 03:10 PM
i dont know.. first thing i only use cash.. #2.. shipping here alone would cost like $20.. ;) but i have a pack of games.. and you know what i dont even have time\will to play them.. lol.. still only like 60% in GT3 (the zonda race is a bitch!).. so.. i dont buy shit any more.. well after GT4.. ;) :lol:
and BTW... a chip here will cost you around $120..

I would be more than happy to buy used games for people (who pay for them obviously.. ;)) here in the MANY game stores we have selling used PS2 games for $10 to $20.

Mailing CD's from the US is dirt cheap... we would just have to work out a way to "fool proof" payment method... :)

Erez
05-19-2004, 06:05 PM
^^^ no.. sending it all the way here would cost like $20 i think.. + here we use Pal.. ;)