Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Default Enthusia Professional Racing

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/...ng/review.html
just came out today with Forza. all in all i have to say the graphics on the cars are orgasmic but the background kinda sucks

Old 05-04-2005, 04:42 AM   #2
Daggernite
Regular User

I've know about this game for awhile, nice to know its coming out, I'll probably get it just to see what its like. On the screenshots the the car models look excellent, but with with a score rating lower than GT4 wwould there be any point getting it? Saying that, I might get it just to see how it plays, All I care about are the physics of the cars, and I dont think GT4 pull that off at all.

P.S If you want to see a video of a ingame model and a realife car do the same cone corse to compare pyshics, go to www.gametrailers.com and look it up
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:49 AM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

Its the only game with M3E30

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
mitsucars

you're posting a picture of a render NOT an ingame screenshot and saying the cars look orgasmic.. in the game thats just not the case

as for tracks well, the nurburgring is some cheap 'approximation' of what the real thing is like and frankly after playing GT4 its a joke, luckily apart from tsukuba all the rest of the tracks are 'fantasy' so you cant dis them for not being anything like the real thing

the car phyiscs have some good points, for a start its actually possible to do a proper donut like in real life, something thats just not possible in GT4 , and the steering forces have been nicely tweaked so when you get oversteer the weighting changes to give some approximation of self centering and that makes it much to easier to come off the opposite lock at the right moment and straighten up smoothly

the menu system is crap

overall its no competition for GT4, which is a shame as I was quite hopeful when I heard it has an Alfa SZ and the nurburgring
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM   #5
gis
Regular User

this and forza are coming out within a week of eachother....i really dont know if i should get either of them or both.ive heard more about forza so ill probably end up gettin that one if any

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

I forgot to pick up my copy today - so tomorrow we will see if I have 2 titles to trade back to Game Crzy this weekend.

So far I am struggling to like Forza... I just hope that having wheel support will give Enthusia a fun factor that GT4 is missing - AI drivers with some AI...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Well....

How good is Enthusia?

How about I have been mucking abotu with it for almost 2 hours now - and I haven't even left the Free Run mode.. and I am still on the first and only track I have tried...

Tsukuba.

The driving is awsome. Best feeling console game (I don't wanna get slammed by Alex for calling it a sim... ) I have ever tried.

The NSX around Tsukuba is displaying the characteristic ywitchy nature we had been lead to believe is it's real nature - not like in GT3 and GT4 how it is the most neutral car in the world..

Graphics are not super-real like GT4 (or even GT3) - and seem quite Forza like in their clinical execution, but a little beter than Forza.

SOny would never have allowed this to be launched before GT4 - the AI, handling and sheer execution of the driving is that much better, GT4 can only stand on it's eye candy and photo-mode now.

Oh - did I mention you can assemble you own grids?

And that I took the afternoon off - and tomorrow, just to muck about with this new title?

The track in GT4 may be a little more accurately made - with better surface representation than Enthusia...
I like it... I like it a lot.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #8
Minacious
Regular User

RC, I think you pretty much know how I feel about GT4. With that said, would you recommend I pick up this title?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
RC, I think you pretty much know how I feel about GT4. With that said, would you recommend I pick up this title?
This game is really nice.

And the sound... oh the glorious sound!!!

V8's sounds like V8's - V10's like V10's and V12's like V12's... sure it's not the real deal, but when a 1963 Chevy small block sounds.. GASP - like a Chevy small block (not a sewing machine) it really makes it enjoyable.

The C5 Z51 Coupe sounds just like one.. nto like the weird 4 cylinder sounding V8's in Forza and GT4.

The game (in free drive mode - haven't even started a career yet.. ) requires finesse and accuracy - it has been awesome fun.

Talk about being strict - in free drive, you unlock the cars you beat in any race... ONLY if you do not touch them or the grass gravel..

So it forces you to drive a fast but perfect lap.

I would recommend this game to anyone who likes a sim-style (as apposed to PGR2 style) game and has a wheel and pedal setup.

Who knows how I will feel 2 weeks from now though...

Things to like so far:
AI, sound, driving feel, finesse required to do well, ghosts, free driving, customisable grid, real 1275 Mini ()

Things not to like/missed so far:
No photomode (not that I found yet), graphics, no Z06 yet (,
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
Minacious
Regular User

I may have to pick up this title and give it a go. Some decent AI alone can win me over.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #11
SilviaEvo
Regular User

good to know that this game is really something. ill persuade my friend to get it.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

What a pleasure to race with AI that hugs the racing line, but will try to avoid you if they can - and if they tag you from behind as you check up in front of them - you don't suffer a penalty - and they will try slow down as much as they can.

Yessir.... multi player replays are single screen

I just sepnt about 45 minutes trying to finish this race with no black flags, so I coud unlock the RS6... it was hard work, all I had was an Evo 6 or something.

I gave up trying to win the V12 Vanquish on a dirt track with a 206 Rally car... nothing like having to rally cross and you can not tag the opponent or the fences.. :shock:

The one thing Forza has which nice is the point to point tracks - I hope Enthusia has other point to point tracks besides the desert track.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #13
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
What a pleasure to race with AI that hugs the racing line, but will try to avoid you if they can - and if they tag you from behind as you check up in front of them - you don't suffer a penalty - and they will try slow down as much as they can.
PD needs to take note.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
T-Bird
Regular User

the game is ok in career mode but the level of customization is extremely lacking, how do you change the tuning levels? I've been playing for a while and still I'm using a Celica since it seems to beat quite a few better cars.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

The game is about driving - not car tuning. Your car will "tnued" as you get get used to it and use it more. You will see your weight reduction level up, your tyres level up etc as you level up.

GT4 and Forza encourage you to "tune your car to win" - Enthusia is about "driving what you have to in".