Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
admcewen
Regular User

Default New F450 with minimal camo

F450 has been spotted with hardly any camo...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ferrari-f450-future.ht...
admcewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
mayer
Regular User

What I can see so far of the rear 3/4 looks pretty good/aggressive. I wonder how the front intakes are going to look, hopefully, sharp like the Scuderia. The only element that I don't like are the mirrors.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
HeilSvenska
Regular User

That's not very attractive. The lines look a mess and the bulbous rear light protrusion are just ugly. Has Pininfarina lost its touch? Is this a one off? It looks more like what Zagato would design, not Pininfarina.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
That's not very attractive. The lines look a mess and the bulbous rear light protrusion are just ugly. Has Pininfarina lost its touch? Is this a one off? It looks more like what Zagato would design, not Pininfarina.
Remember, their new target market is the still well heeled and cash-flush ostentatious middle eastern customer, so the new designs will cater for the more brash connoisseur...

Nothing subtle or refined about the new cars if the customer wont either demand or appreciate it.

This is natural design evolution and you can see it as a product might appear hitech/contempary when sold in europe, then dulled down and made more conservative/classic for the US market and then re-appears more gawdy and boystous for the middle eastern and far eastern markets.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
fordgt84
Regular User

I love how the artist rendering has got Audi R8 written all over it, he didn't even bother to remove its seats ... as for the rest of the pics, i think it's still a little early to call it ugly or handsome
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
enzoferrari
Regular User

No comments yet,I hope they dont ruin the 430..
Old 03-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

I disagree. The shown lines look more like a combination of the Zonda, and the P4/5 Enzo. No wonder, as Pininfarina wanted to take a more serious control of the designs. I am expecting F430 prices to drop off the map with anticipation of the F450...
Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
10000rpmlover
Regular User

you know, in the buisiness I am in, we sometimes (more than not) go through hundreds of drawings and mock ups before settling on one, this goes from the simplest thing as a mirror or the contours of a dash panel (the last one went through 133 designs) it is not a question of "losing touch" but when you try to appeal to everyone you usually end up with stuff like this, but I must ask you this:

if you were handed the keys, given a fatboy slim cd "right here right now" and then presented to one of the greatest driving roads in the world... would you enjoy this ferrari?

yes or no? come on, the thing is outlandish, unique and dare I say regal, the RX-8 went through hundreds of ideas, some of which were just absolutely bonkers, so the end result has a mix of just about everything, bulging wheel arches, suicide doors, low nose, fron open grill, huge wheel openings, small windows, busy lamps, not everyone liked it, it is not even that fast off the line, but you'll be hard pressed to find a fault once you drove one if you fancy a car that handles like the devil is holding its tires while God is playing the high rev soundtrack, I believe this car has a case of "too much people to cater for" I for one like it and it resembles a bit of the mclaren f1 which is a good thing, I kinda like it more than the bland f430, much more than the bitch car california

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
I kinda like it more than the bland f430, much more than the bitch car california
Now that's not fair. Because we know looks-wise, the F430 was a warmed over 360, and everything looks better than a California.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
Vansquish
Regular User

I think it has some of the Artega GT about the rear...in the c-pillar-to rear wheel proportions and lines (granted it doesn't have the same air-intake, but the shapes are similar). I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person, but right now it looks as if it might have a slightly long rear-end for its overall proportions. Still...nice and swoopy so far.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Prototypes of the car reveal more about the new car...

http://jalopnik.com/5301159/ferrari-...reets/gallery/
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #12
04RCSTI
Regular User

Look so bad.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
ferrari 360 spider f1
Regular User

it dont look good the california looks much better than these
ferrari 360 spider f1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #14
admcewen
Regular User

More...

http://www.motorauthority.com/spy-sh...placement.html
admcewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #15
fabro_s
Regular User

It looks to me like a little Enzo, well lets hope the car looks great!

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote