Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
I think they figure that by teasing us Yanks they'll end up selling more copies of the finalized game here. I mean, look at us, we're sitting here salivating at all the different Prologues that have come out and the best we can get at the moment is some piddly thing with a couple of tracks and a couple of marginal Toyotas. All I can say is it has to be a marketing ploy. All the same, if you check out Suprnova.org, there is a copy of the Prologue that someone ripped that you can download as a torrent. The only question is that I haven't heard any feedback on whether the file actually burns to a DVDR and then plays properly in the PS2.
But this is a HUGE mistake on Sony and PD's part - because even if everyone who wants GT4, buys it - that is only 1 sale.

Had they released all the prologues and other teasers here, they could have sold each one for $25+ and had 3 or more sales to every GT enthusiast.

This is not the first time the Sony America executives have fucked themselves out of money simply because they think they know what the consumer wants better than the consumer themselves.

They now run the risk of the market actually growing tired and moving on to something else... 2 years is a LONG time to expect people to stay focused.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote